What's a John Deere CS52 worth?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That sucks, sorry to hear it. I had a unit bearing go out on the truck about a month ago on the way to work. Same story, it fought me all the way. Hopefully it gets better.
Well thanks, I'm sure it will, I already talked to Gary about the saw, he told me he would restring it tonight, he's a stand up guy. He also has what I thought was an 036...it is an 038AV that he told me he would give me for a hundred and a quarter more. I just don't know if I need that much saw.....decisions, decisions. What do you think?

Glad to hear he's working with you.

As for the 038, that's quite a jump up the ladder. What kind of wood are you planning to be cutting? A 50cc saw with an 18" bar will handle most cutting for most people. It would handle all of my needs. Just not my wants...

Glad to hear he's working with you.

As for the 038, that's quite a jump up the ladder. What kind of wood are you planning to be cutting? A 50cc saw with an 18" bar will handle most cutting for most people. It would handle all of my needs. Just not my wants...
I won't be cutting nothing too big, but who knows. I may just get the Efco straightened out, if I come to a point I need a big saw....I know where to go.

I won't be cutting nothing too big, but who knows. I may just get the Efco straightened out, if I come to a point I need a big saw....I know where to go.
I think that's a decent plan. I've found that now that I feel comfortable working on saws I can pretty much find something any size I want whenever I may need it. Sometimes it might take a little bit of patience.

I finally got to work a little bit with the cs52, man I like this saw. I got some limbing done, and my neighbor had a 25" black locust stump that she wanted taken down closer to the ground...this thing screams with it's 16"bar...I really think it could handle an 18" with out a problem. Thanks guys for all your insight..I think I got a mighty fine saw for the money.

Latest posts

Back