What's a knuckle boom?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks!

BTW, that's a nice looking truck. Nice paint, all lettered up, pretty classy. Can you mount a knuckle boom to most trucks, or do they have to be designed into the package?

Thanks!

BTW, that's a nice looking truck. Nice paint, all lettered up, pretty classy. Can you mount a knuckle boom to most trucks, or do they have to be designed into the package?

Yeah, pretty much any heavy duty truck can be modified to have a knuckle boom attached. You have to consider the weight of the knuckle you intend on using and buy a truck that can handle the payload. You also have to take into consideration the frame length you will need atleast 24" between the cab and box to mount the knuckle. The knuckle in the pic was bought seperate from the truck and also the dump body was purchased seperatly as well. I have a removable top for that dump unit that fits my 1 ton dump also that way I can utilize it for a chip truck or log truck and the same goes for the one ton if we are working in a confined area I have the option of having a small chip truck. Diversity is the key!!!

I just looked at the pic again if you look to the lower left you will see the chip top with 2 ladders mounted to the top.

Latest posts

Back