What's been good

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spotted Owl

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
What's been good on the jobs you have been around lately?

What's been going on around these parts lately.?

Owl

been busy . how's it been. good i hope. tried calling ya a couple times, been out on the dory?/

Two Dories now. Got the first all back to new and the grandson of the original builder, comm fisherman found me. He brought his Gramps with him. They bought it on the spot. Gramps was in tears when he saw iot and what it had been made into from the last time he saw it in a field rotting under some firs. That funded the two we have now. All rebuilt and ready for commercial work. Just need to find some reasonable permits to get going. The boy is going to salmon for now with his and I will crab and salmon.

Did you get out this last season. I finally quit salmon after 57 fish and three cards for me. Lost count on the boat totals. Don't keep track of the bottom dwellers, except halibut. Tagged out on the flatties. Biggest was 76". It was a phenomenal season

Hey Owl!

Things are great down here. I'm still trying to retire and I'm getting closer to it all the time. We're in the midst of moving to the coast...gotta get out of the Sierras before they burn down completely.
How are you and your crew doing?

Moving to the coast? They don't grow rice on the coast. The wood is bigger though, well kinda. Be careful that salt air will pickle ya, then you live forever and never be able to retire fully. Got any red wood nails left for your boots? Gonna be Randy's new neighbor? That would be interesting. I hear ya about the fires.

The crew is kicking good. Lots of projects with them kiddos. Helping the boy get ready for his line apprenticeship while he waits to get into the Marine Corps. He's got just under 3 years left then his medical stuff falls off and he can go in. Finding and rebuilding boats, cars, machines, teaching daughter to drive now that she's thinks she's ready. New job, no more woods for me, I was told to make a choice, so I opted for them pesky benefits and steady pay. These weather changes sure do remind me of the damage caused in the past. I'll still go out and play now and then though, I think. I don't spose I can ever be away from it fully. Heck I don't ever want to be.

***************************************************************************************

Needed a computer break for a while. Should've come back sooner. I thought the party in the park down there was coming up. Now I see it's already happened. Did everything go well?

I see from Slayers picture, that humbolts are still spreading around the country. Well done. Looks like you're almost ready to head west young man. Where did the smile faces go?

Hope you all are having a great weekend.

Owl

yes sir, thanks to you, Bob, Randy, busted up and the younger guys like northy and Nate even. i even learned to block. not many poplar or pine i can't turn........oak has limits but i'm getting better all the time. i don't think we ever stop learning in the woods.
i thanked the others but you were away, so i'm thanking you now. stepping up to a 36" now, i have some 50" plus poplar coming up......should be fun :D the smileys are here, click the smiley face above your post.
siswheel is still tricky lol........i have a kinda east coast red neck version going on.......more like a half a block face.......it works.

owl gone again already???????

Nope, still here. Just busy.

Things will calm down a fair bit now. Just brought down the last pack from the elk we got last night. Been elk hiking. Fishin when the surf lays down enough to get out. Firewood comes next that's whole lot more laid back though, more time and less day light, should give me some more time to stir things up around here a bit.

http://www.yourlittlebeachtown.com/inn

Click on that cam thing up in the corner. That's my port of choice to enter the fishing grounds.

Owl

A perk of being in the brush so much, knowing where the animals like to live. Can't beat it, Got your honey hole all lined up have ya? We only get to tag out one animal here, makes for a fast season most years, how about your end of the world? Hunt'n brings everything to a screeching halt around this family, even work if things line up perfect. Every hunter knows "perfect".

Shoot strait.

Owl

oh lord, i forget how many does we can take.......more than we can eat. i shot 5 does and a 8 pointer last year.......i think there is a couple steaks left lol.
oh i'll work......3 miles to my set up for hunting, 1 mile to the woods :). i'll set a couple hours each afternoon.
wish i could get back in fishing some, we have a great striper season here and they taste great..........hard to make time the older i get.
thanks sir.

A perk of being in the brush so much, knowing where the animals like to live. Can't beat it, Got your honey hole all lined up have ya? We only get to tag out one animal here, makes for a fast season most years, how about your end of the world? Hunt'n brings everything to a screeching halt around this family, even work if things line up perfect. Every hunter knows "perfect".

Shoot strait.

tuned into mother nature when living the woods life making ends meat(fish & fur bearer) ...lol

Owl

Latest posts

Back