What's Hittin' the Grill or Smoker?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
some poppers and burgers on the grill up in the country... other day.
P1010053.JPG

Jalapeño poppers
Jalapeños
Cream cheese
Bacon
Cut stem of jalapeños slice in half long ways clean out seeds.
Fill halves with cream cheese
Wrap with slice of bacon
Secure bacon with toothpicks

Cook over bed of coals until bacon is done to your liking turning as needed

Sometimes instead of cream cheese I cut thin strips of venison steak or dove breast or whatever you want in the middle.

Jalapeño poppers
Jalapeños
Cream cheese
Bacon
Cut stem of jalapeños slice in half long ways clean out seeds.
Fill halves with cream cheese
Wrap with slice of bacon
Secure bacon with toothpicks

Cook over bed of coals until bacon is done to your liking turning as needed

Sometimes instead of cream cheese I cut thin strips of venison steak or dove breast or whatever you want in the middle.

amberg, that is how I made them. just as thornton describes. exactly! dove breast, jalapeno and bacon wrap very popular with the dove hunters during dove season... its ez amberg, get some peppers, cut them up in half, clean, spread in the cream cheese ( I like it at room temp ) and bacon wrap and cook as mentioned.

then I cut in half, cleaned and stuffed. but be careful... they are hot and u will get it on ur fingers... and u best be careful and note that u did and do not touch ur eye, nose, mouth or... or... need I say more amberg??? need I say more?... lol. remember, u was warned. ;)

these are the first two I did in my batch. the yeller cheese is pre cut cheddar. but a block thru grater works fine. I like sharp.
P1010019.JPG

Latest posts

Back