What's Hittin' the Grill or Smoker?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally found some decent ribeyes and only $6.99 lb. a bit chewy but the flavor was very good.

steaks.jpg

been doing some jalapeno poppers lately. tried with shrimp, and goat cheese, phily cream... and feta... etc... think I like phily cream alone best... with bacon.
P1010012.JPG
P1010059.JPG

first batch of 12 took me 1 1/2 hrs to do... 2nd batch of 14 or so... took me 2 1/2 hours... was watching the news, etc. and this n that, still too long... imo, turned out swell!

P1010011.JPG
P1010016.JPG

well, I sure like these poppers! 7 at the grocery store were $7.75 I noted other day... and want to cut back a bit on the cheese and bacon. and that prep time, too. so got me together the grub items to do another patch... jalapenos, bacon and c. cheese
P1010001.JPG

now, to me... here is the exciting part!!! it took me 15 minutes to make this dozen poppers. :D by using 1/2 regular amount I left a cup shape in the cheese to put the bacon into. this eliminated the fussing with the bacon wrap and pining it with toothpix! 15 minutes! :yes: peppers were 69-cents/# or about 40-cents, 1/2 box cream cheese or $1.15... and about $1.00 for the bacon... +/-. so $2.55 direct costs to make this batch of a dozen poppers... and 15 minutes prep time. I like those numbers... so off to the refer they go. I will grill them later today or tomorrow... I like to cut each one into 3 sections... to eat.

P1010008.JPG

Latest posts

Back