Whats it worth?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DDM

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Okay since Firewood sales in SC have been pretty much non existent.I've decided to sell the splitter i built.I've already sold the conveyors.
Heres the rundown it has a new 18hp Honda electric start less than 2 hrs use.
5" Dia Cylinder.
28 gpm valve
32 gpm pump
Cant remember the tank size I believe its a 15 or 18 Gallon.
I built this to be moved with a Bobcat that will probably be a big draw back.
attachment.php

This is the motor ect.
attachment.php

Before I added the table Shows the umbrella holder
attachment.php

Shows hoses ect
attachment.php

Shows the table I added to hold the split wood.

Thats why I built it that way so noone could swipe it.But it has a quick tach on the back just hook in and latch it. Yup its a 2 stage cant remember if its a barnes or not.I believe it came from northern.The 4 hoses on it were about 175.00 the cheapies it started out with burst.

nice looking splitter . it would be hard for me to put a price tag on it. looks like alot of hardwork and man hours in it . i really like that it has to be moved with a bobcat. ain't nobody going to steal it.

nice job,David

It looks very well built and set up about the way I would have done it. I'm just not in the market for a splitter right now. It must have a fairly rapid cycle time!:cheers:

It looks very well built and set up about the way I would have done it. I'm just not in the market for a splitter right now. It must have a fairly rapid cycle time!:cheers:

Thanks! It will end up on ebay.I'm just trying to get an idea of what I might expect to get for it.

I would guess 800-1000 on ebay.... the problem is going to be that you will be competing with homeowner models on there... maybe post it to sawmill exchange.... then at least its being targeted at commercial operators and you might get what it is worth.

Heres a picture of the Quick tach before the new hoses were added.
Also the Pump and the Push block being milled.

Back