New Commercial level log splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also your design, and many others like it on your push block keeper where it rolls over the top flange of the beam to create a channel for the push block. Wouldn't that just fill full of chips and debris and be hard to clean out? Not to mention leaving a place for water and ice to accumulate?

@deadtrees the high pressure side is about 6 GPM, so slightly less than 25% of the total. Again it is a trade off, for a more economical pump and smaller engine and although it affects cycle time you are rarely in just the low displacement stage.
@eXcAliBuR we use that design on all of our splitters.....the chips are pushed off the end in this design. Our DHT designs with footplates at the end have clean out holes. Its been a robust design for us.

DHT, I was asking about your present 13 and 17.5 GPM pumps. What is the high pressure section? Surely not 6 GPM. Thanks.

ddeadtrees,I have the Speeco model and it has the rolled flange with holes on each side. Sometimes mud and pieces get in there but it doesn't cause an issue. And my splitter very seldom goes into 2nd stage at least on ash.
Everybody needs to realize that these are designed for Joe home owner who burns a little more than the normal guy or someone who wants to sell a few extra cords a year to help pay for their toys. The DHT line is for Joe home owner who doesn't want the hassle of renting or borrowing a buddy's machine a few times per year. DHT is in business to make money not break even.
Now a lot of us on here can and have built our own machines but I'm sure we'll all agree that we went overboard on them both in terms of cost and time involved. I could easily have bought a 36" splitter for less money than I have invested in mine but I wanted to build my own with a few perks I couldn't get on a factory machine.

Correction:
28 GPM pump....high pressure stage is 7.0 GPM
13 GPM pump.....high pressure stage is 2.1 GPM
17.5 GPM pump....high pressure stage is 3.0 GPM

Info please,

Could you provide the push block dimensions and wedge height?

What is the angle adjustment range of the outfeed table?

How difficult is it to remove the log lift and outfeed table, quick description of procedure / process.

What is the tire size and approximate ground clearance of the unit?

Is the hitch removable (Bolted or welded on)? Does the jack swing up parallel to tongue?

Glad to see you moved the hitch position opposite the wedge from the original design. Do you have any idea of max OTR towing speed?

Thanks in advance,

Take Care

Specs seem real good for the price point you're shooting for.

[QUOTE="cantoo, post:
Everybody needs to realize that these are designed for Joe home owner who burns a little more than the normal guy or someone who wants to sell a few extra cords a year to help pay for their toys. The DHT line is for Joe home owner who doesn't want the hassle of renting or borrowing a buddy's machine a few times per year. [/QUOTE]

IE... not a commercial use splitter.

At $5000 I wouldn't think so either. Takes money to make fast saleable firewood. I did about 30 cords to sell using my 36" splitter. I could have used my converted Speeco and did it faster but I also wanted to justify making the bigger splitter. Now my wife thinks I'm making money off the splitter so that helps too.

11/22 pump with a 12.5hp motor pushing a 6 inch cylinder, cycle time 13 seconds start to finish.

never met a piece of wood that stalls it. it's been going for over 6 years, numerous people borrowing it, and never had a problem.

designed it with specs from this web site. (thanks guys)

IE... not a commercial use splitter.
But this thread is a useful DHT splitter commercial. :)
For those arbos and the like trying to get only a little bit pregnant rather than become big-time commercial firewood producers, why not a cheap 35T Bradley (and they are cheap - there's a demo model on craigslist for $1k, they are $1.4k new) splitter:

https://www.bradleymowers.com/produ...g-splitter-briggs-stratton-1650-series-engine

to bust the the big stuff and a kinetic to mop up?

But this thread is a useful DHT splitter commercial. :)
For those arbos and the like trying to get only a little bit pregnant rather than become big-time commercial firewood producers, why not a cheap 35T Bradley (and they are cheap - there's a demo model on craigslist for $1k, they are $1.4k new) splitter:

https://www.bradleymowers.com/produ...g-splitter-briggs-stratton-1650-series-engine

to bust the the big stuff and a kinetic to mop up?

Because the wedge is on the wrong side.

Correction:
28 GPM pump....high pressure stage is 7.0 GPM
13 GPM pump.....high pressure stage is 2.1 GPM
17.5 GPM pump....high pressure stage is 3.0 GPM

Where is your splitter manufactured and assembled ?

Info please,

Could you provide the push block dimensions and wedge height?

What is the angle adjustment range of the outfeed table?

How difficult is it to remove the log lift and outfeed table, quick description of procedure / process.

What is the tire size and approximate ground clearance of the unit?

Is the hitch removable (Bolted or welded on)? Does the jack swing up parallel to tongue?

Glad to see you moved the hitch position opposite the wedge from the original design. Do you have any idea of max OTR towing speed?

Thanks in advance,

Take Care

Wedge and push plate are 10"
Out feed table can tip up to 22.5 degs. 4 adjustments between 0-22.5
Table removes with a bolt and a pin.
The torflex trailer axle is the lowest point....same as any other trailer.
Hitch is removable and the jacks swing up parrallel.
Auto cycle may be an option in the future....

I would be interested to see some youtube video reviews. Not sure that I could use something like this but it may be interesting anyway.

Wedge and push plate are 10"
Out feed table can tip up to 22.5 degs. 4 adjustments between 0-22.5
Table removes with a bolt and a pin.
The torflex trailer axle is the lowest point....same as any other trailer.
Hitch is removable and the jacks swing up parrallel.
Auto cycle may be an option in the future....

Thanks,

How about tire size and removing the log lift procedure when you have a minute?

Take Care

Back