what's next????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
184590d1305854542-98-crown-vic-002-jpg

184591d1305854561-98-crown-vic-001-jpg

184592d1305854579-98-crown-vic-003-jpg

I'm a little confused on how this is going to save you alot of money in fuel economy. A 98 CV can't be that much better on gas than a 93...what are we talking about here, 16mpg instead of 15.5? What kind of economy do you get in the truck that a 93 CV is a step up in savings?

Don't forget that you need to factor in the additional annual costs of maintaining, insuring and operating a third vehicle too.

I guess I just disagree with the logic of getting a full sized v8 powered car for 1 or 2 people to drive 250+ miles per week in the name of saving money. I would have looked at a smaller car with a 4 or 6 cylinder engine and push the economy into the 22-26mpg range.

ok the 93 is staying, its the super duty getting parked,it gets 12 to 13 mpg, and yes we did look for smaller cars but most are above 200,000 miles and worn out at a price that will knock you back.. just in the call of saving fuel...most honda's and yota's around here are running in the $6,000.00 range and above due to fuel prices, funny thing is you can buy a 2004 chevy 2500 crewcab lifted 4x4 for same price on craigslist..
that said the 93 we got for use as a bigger car not knowing that we could actually get the mileage we get regularly, heck i had a civic crx that only got what this 93 gets...26 and above is good for a car less then $3000.00 the big reason for the purchase was for something newer a car with lower mileage more dependable... the 93 has 270,000 miles and smoking ..using oil a bit.. but she told me tonight she wants the 93 for herself... go figure...:hmm3grin2orange:

Nice hauler!!

Man, add a few roof racks and fill the trunk and back seat, proly get half a cord on that bad boy!

;)

man that's purty..I mean really, it is. I have never, ever owned any ride that pretty and shiny. Cursed or vblessed with cheapness.....

Anyway, put a tapered blue plastic cup upside down in the center of the dash, add a spotlight on the door, and enjoy the fun!!

heheheh

GF has an old lincoln mark..some roman numeral, I fergit now. A big honker. You could easily play ping pong on the hood, one of them. Got an eight track deck in the dash and everything .... Anyway, got around a half acre of engine in it, etc. No, it isn't driven any more BUT...she needs a buncha work done on her CJ7..guess what my *fee* is gonna be?

HAHAHAHA
then after I get it and get it running again, (sat up some years now, I am sure it will have "issues"). out will come the grinder and sawzall and whatever else I need, to make me a "city boy" el linchero pickemup! more HAHAHAHAH

Think I'll use it a few times a year hauling beefers to the auction...hmmm...now I got to scrounge some old mercury station wagon tailgate action....

Back