What's on your bench? 11-9-2012

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow that saw should of got dirty saw of the year award!

Sorry for the derail fellas.

It was a total mess. I was not really sure if it was worth cleaning but P/C are mint and it fired on bottle feed. I have it back together to the point of carb on it no handle yet. I fueled it and it idles good and seems to rev fine and oiler is working.

I still have the handle and covers to clean. I need to know how far can one muffler mod this since it is a fixed jet carb:confused2:

I also have a MS290 I tinkered with today until I got mad at it and will mess more tomorrow with it. Yesterday it would start and die like it was out of fuel. Line was cracked and I replaced that but now it floods completely:angry: Guy I bought it from said coil was bad but it will spark after it floods right away. I'm going to carb swap off my 029 and see if anything changes and if it doesn't I will try coil next. It is acting exactly like an Echo 400evl did though and the coil was bad on that saw and used coil fixed it.

It was a total mess. I was not really sure if it was worth cleaning but P/C are mint and it fired on bottle feed. I have it back together to the point of carb on it no handle yet. I fueled it and it idles good and seems to rev fine and oiler is working.

I still have the handle and covers to clean. I need to know how far can one muffler mod this since it is a fixed jet carb:confused2:

I also have a MS290 I tinkered with today until I got mad at it and will mess more tomorrow with it. Yesterday it would start and die like it was out of fuel. Line was cracked and I replaced that but now it floods completely:angry: Guy I bought it from said coil was bad but it will spark after it floods right away. I'm going to carb swap off my 029 and see if anything changes and if it doesn't I will try coil next. It is acting exactly like an Echo 400evl did though and the coil was bad on that saw and used coil fixed it.

Put a carb from a MS250 on the little bugger....

View attachment 262100
View attachment 262101
attachment.php

attachment.php

Here is mine.
Carb was PAIN to get dialed in. But I did.
View attachment 262102
attachment.php

Thanks Dan, I like it too... not too shabby for a cheap winter project.. Been a back saver for sure

In the last 5 years I sold 8 of those little beavers. They are a little work horse for the size of them.

Don't ever use juice to start it. They WILL crack the pistons. I bought a few from the locals that juiced them.

Do you have the PTO reverser on it? They are worth their weight in gold.

Later
Dan

The 2149 right now.Nothing serious,just a mm,general setup and clean/sharpen.
As soon as winter hits I'm going to get at the 10-10,then the XL12 then the model 17.That should get me to spring,especially the 17.

Still 017
6u5y2e9u.jpg

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

This saw is all cleaned up and back together and it runs perfect:D

I let my 11 year old son make some cuts with it and it worked great and he was able to start it as well. His first words were it looks so little for a chain saw. He is used to seeing the other normal sized ones around the garage. I let him know though that it doesn't minimize the danger of it:msp_scared:

I haven't muffler modded it yet. I will wait and see if I can find a 025 carb for it. I would guess it could be opened up a little bit though as it is. It tached around 11,500 as I recalled. I haven't looked up spec on it yet.

stihl 038 Mag ll

Heres my 038 mag ll i m almost done with

needs some small things

its been giving the holy Once over :popcorn:

blasted and powdered case ,recoil cover , clutch cover :rock:

new handle tank ,oem piston rings , seals gaskets new anti vibes

should be a great saw when finished then a trip to old spindle legs himself to get a massage on the internals

I have a Bing Carb coming for it and have to get a 24 inch bar for it also

If anyone wants to get some powdering done get hold of me

View attachment 262449View attachment 262450View attachment 262451

Looks like your choke is stuck. :poke:

Now that I get thinking about it the kill switch wire would always fall out of the holder and I would choke it to shut it off.
Even after I got the wire to stay put I found myself putting on the choke to shut it off. Habbit I guess.

Latest posts

Back