What's on your bench

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got my 272xp on my bench after finally getting all the parts to put it back together. However, the crank I got is bent and I didn't notice until I had the cases assembled. So it's coming back apart and will have to wait until I get another crank. Then it's off to a certain farm boy for some grinding and squishing.

After fixing and tuning a friend's poulan 2150 and a few tillers word got around at work that I am mechanically inclined. So now I have this farm boss sitting on my bench a local shop couldn't find anything wrong with. Runs good until it's hot then dies and and won't start. I'm thinking tank vent and or vapor lock. Gonna have to clean it up and run it to find out.
2fd7ef435d42e071ae756db21f88ad99.jpg
973e9eaba1b1743ae45a573e767816ca.jpg

Sent from my electronic leash

After fixing and tuning a friend's poulan 2150 and a few tillers word got around at work that I am mechanically inclined. So now I have this farm boss sitting on my bench a local shop couldn't find anything wrong with. Runs good until it's hot then dies and and won't start. I'm thinking tank vent and or vapor lock. Gonna have to clean it up and run it to find out.
2fd7ef435d42e071ae756db21f88ad99.jpg
973e9eaba1b1743ae45a573e767816ca.jpg

If you think it's the tank vent it should be easy to check, just remove the one that's on it and put a piece of tubing in it's place..

I've done quite a bit of flat work and 27yrd is a good bit of work to lay down and finish.

Broom finish I assume?

So pulled the muffler off to try and clean some oil and crap out off it and this is the Piston it's about 4-5 years old and from the word of my friend only ran factory Stihl oil in it
22ef5708770420c6aa23d12a89d8cbf9.jpg

So pulled the muffler off to try and clean some oil and crap out off it and this is the Piston it's about 4-5 years old and from the word of my friend only ran factory Stihl oil in it
22ef5708770420c6aa23d12a89d8cbf9.jpg

Sometimes that crud from the muffler gets sucked back into the engine creating what you have..

Figure that is the hot side of the cylinder also so more like to get wear. I wasn't trying to call out Stihl oil for anyone reading this I was just giving the information I was given.

Ya gotta give my buddy some options and see what he wants but am gonna lean towards just getting him running and let him blow the motor then do a 390 kit from Bailey's

Ya gotta give my buddy some options and see what he wants but am gonna lean towards just getting him running and let him blow the motor then do a 390 kit from Bailey's

390 kits right now are cheaper than 290 kits from about a year ago..maybe not at Bailey's though.

Latest posts

Back