Whats the best deal on a saw you've ever got?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let the cat out of the bag on that one :wink: Nice score, and to bad you didn't keep it :sad:

Lets see as far as the best deal I can't think...

$85 - If it had 2hrs of run time I would be astonished. Needed a carb kit from sitting 2-3 years.
P1030435.jpg

$40 + $25 for the bar and chain= $65... traded for a 520i Makita to match saw above.
P1030510.jpg

$250+Shipping for both 076 (needed fuel lines and muff cover), 9010 Makita needed rear handle, rebuild, and air box (not pictued)
P1030581_zpsbd75b612.jpg

Traded my rebuilt 026 (cost me $50), for this 046mag and $50 = $100 invested +time
SN850262.jpg

This load isn't a saw but got it all from the same place. To follow Jacobs lead... the cost was $200 but you can't calculate how much this chain and tools will earn me and save me in repairing saws and heating my home. Cost was $250 for 700 ft of chain (ish), 140+ piece tap and die (quality US made not junk), Breaker spinner, and 5 new bars, 4-5 master link kits 100pieces+ each, and lots of MISC parts!!!!!
chain.jpg

Also got a redmax 3800 free...

I'm just not a Dolmar kind of dude I guess. I still have a Dolmar 5100S that I need to re-home. Everything I have bar and chain wise all fits Stihl

Stihl ms260 pro that got ran over for $25 came with a free 024 parts saw. Took everything i needed to fix the 260 off of the 024.

Adam Clarke handed me a 084 with 21" to carry out at Chardon one year when we were both at the races there. He told me to put the 084 with my stuff it was mine for FREE. Adam is one good honest incredible saw building guy. :rock:

Old pics before fixing it up and still stock. The 084 now lives back in Calif and racing on pipe with another Adam. :msp_thumbup:

I called it project ugly duckling

Copyof084.jpg

A partner P85 for 19 bucks. I was told it had a bad piston, and it had snow in it as it was outside in a box with the muffler off of it. Piston was not that bad, but I treated the old Nordic girl to a new piston and rings. Ditched the base gasket, touched up the ports, did a MM and got it running today. So the piston kit cost 35.00, total 54 bucks for a strong runnin' 85cc saw.

Last edited:
And another winner, the the el grande suckage, fleet division!

Wow you did pull in a good load of saws , i love the older homies , you have your work cut out for you now .
now you will get started about a quarter way tru them , then you will get another call to get another 5 or 6 saws , soon you will have a garage loaded and no room to walk like i do but i like it this way!!!!!!!:bang::msp_scared::fart:
But great going

272 x2, 1100, 288, 394 all up $650. I'v all ready sold the 394, one 272 and 288 and now made over $400 profit:msp_ohmy: and still have all the bars and chains:rock:

A partner P85 for 19 bucks. I was told it had a bad piston, and it had snow in it as it was outside in a box with the muffler off of it. Piston was not that bad, but I treated the old Nordic girl to a new piston and rings. Ditched the base gasket, touched up the ports, did a MM and got it running today. So the piston kit cost 35.00, total 54 bucks for a strong runnin' 85cc saw.

Muscle mania!

Latest posts

Back