What's the best price on a MS361?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heck, I'm a contractor and I get haggled every day. Not for $50 or $100, but thousands. Other day, bid starter home in Minnesota. Quoted the guy all parts/labor/inspection fee's for $6900. That was with a very sharp pencil. Guy calls me back, wants me to do it, but can I match a lower bid? Sure, as long as were comparing apples to apples, he says $4800!!! WTF Come on, i'm dumb but not stupid. Maybe, I could move $500, that's it. Loser.....

True Story: received a payment for a bill and it was $10 short??? Note inside envelope says: Bruce, I feel it's fair to deduct $10 off your invoice for the use of my bathroom!!!! Now mind you, I took 1 leak, that's it. what a joke. For $10, I shouldda taken a #2 and plugged that Kohler solid, #####! That note still sits framed in my office.

Let the haggling begin.....:censored:

:ices_rofl: :laugh: :ices_rofl: :laugh: Thanks for the laugh! I'm rolling, LOL!

Paid $542. with a 18" ES bar and 33rsc chain another $60. for a 24"bar and chain , free case and file. I ask if they had any cases to go with the saw. They said "yea $40. but they just had a promotion on 290 w/free case and some one bought a bunch and didn't want the cases so they gave me one . Super nice guys they get all my business.
There is no haggling at my dealer. They are the best in town. The only other place to buy a stihl is at a local chain of garden centers that wrote the book on overpricing. When I bought mine I called on a Monday ask if they had any 361's in stock "yea sure got 6 of em". I went down on Friday they sold all of them. So I paid for one and picked it up on the next Friday. They sell them for 530 with a 16" bar and the price goes up from there.

If you can find one priced with "buy it now" on ebay and pay with paypal, you can get 30% cashback through Microsoft's live.com. Go to live.com, do a search for ps3 or wii, and you should see a link stating 30% cashback on Ebay.

For those that say that this sounds like a scam, then don't do it. I know its tough to trust no name fly-by-night companies like microsoft and ebay. I'm sure you can find a stihl for 30% off about anywhere.

If you can find one priced with "buy it now" on ebay and pay with paypal, you can get 30% cashback through Microsoft's live.com. Go to live.com, do a search for ps3 or wii, and you should see a link stating 30% cashback on Ebay.

For those that say that this sounds like a scam, then don't do it. I know its tough to trust no name fly-by-night companies like microsoft and ebay. I'm sure you can find a stihl for 30% off about anywhere.

That is a way to save alot of $$$$ but if you have problems with the saw, you are F-ed.....Just think if that extra $130 you saved is going to buy a new p&c or worse. Go with a dealer and have some support.

You are right when it comes to support, you're better off buying local. I doubt that there are any authorized stihl dealers selling on ebay. But if you buy a new stihl, there is not much that can go wrong with a new stihl. It might be a different story if you were buying a Wildthing. If you are in the market for a Husky, there are authorized Husqvarna dealers on ebay that would come with a factory warranty.

That is a way to save alot of $$$$ but if you have problems with the saw, you are F-ed.....Just think if that extra $130 you saved is going to buy a new p&c or worse. Go with a dealer and have some support.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back