What's the chances of finding a new 440 on the dealer's shelf?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitedogone

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I've been looking to complete a 3 saw plan. Since the 440 would most likely get the most use I'd like to find a new one. What's the chances of finding one? WDO

If I was to find one, what would come with it? Would it include only stuff like this?

IMG_5227.JPG

I think I bought one of the last 440's off a shelf in Oregon about a year ago. It was a 440R model. Even then, all the other stores that I called laughed and said that they were looooooong gone.

Good deals on CL for 044/440s lately, as well as some 361s. Also some 372s are popping up around here and on Ebay for about $500.

I think I bought one of the last 440's off a shelf in Oregon about a year ago. It was a 440R model. Even then, all the other stores that I called laughed and said that they were looooooong gone.

Good deals on CL for 044/440s lately, as well as some 361s. Also some 372s are popping up around here and on Ebay for about $500.

what's an "R" model?

Under water.... :dizzy:

Oh, the blue background. That was just to take a photo when I picked it up at the dealer in Eugene. It was all shiney and brand new. I had a blue tarp in my truck and put it out and snapped off the photos. I have about a dozen shots of that saw from all angles.

They sell a bar cover for these rescue saws as well. Exposes only the tip of bar, so they can cut into roofs using them to vent fires. But in reality, the large falling dogs, large side cover and 3/4 wrap are really good for logging with. Add a dual port muffler cover and you are good to go. Well, and a bar and chain of course. And some gas and oil, but I do not wanna make this an oil thread!

Back