What's the chances of finding a new 440 on the dealer's shelf?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you paid $700 and should run Stihl Ultra at 50:1 mixed with Premium Unlead only.:)

Brad, You didn't think I would go in there and not "work" 'em a little did ya? WDO:poke:

Last edited:
"run Stihl Ultra at 50:1 mixed with Premium Unlead only"

always

IMG_5226.JPG

First new saw i ever owned....kind of hard to put gas in it...it's a virgin.

Oh ya...it cost me $5 more than a 361. Won't cure near as much. WDO

Sweet!!!!

I keep thinkin I should try to find another 440 (new) cause I love my old one so much....Your gonna love it,,and find out for the big stuff you will be pickin it up the most.... :cheers:

sorry livin... I don't think they had anymore. It's not you typical Stihl dealer. They are more of an industrial tool store. They just happen to carry Stihl's. The owner told me that he thought he had ordered this saw for a big contractor and they never came to get it. They don't have a lot of traffic that are in the market for this type of equipment. They carry mostly 270's and 290's. They did have quite a few leaf blowers. They quoted me a price of $699 a couple of weeks ago. I knew if I went in there with CASH in pocket and talked with the owner he might shoot me a better price. I needed a leaf blower for my Dad's birthday anyways. Well, I got the blower up on the counter and I started talking about saws. I was like.... Hey, I see you have a 440 back there... hasn't that been replaced by a new model. Heck, they haven't made those things in years. Yada, Yada, Yada... What would you take for it CASH? He shot me a price I could live with... $635 with a 24" B&C. A 361 'round here is $629 with a 24" B&C

IMG_5219.JPG

Last edited:
Chances of finding a new 440 are very, very slim, but it depends on where you are. Last I heard some of the occassional ones to turn up new in box here in the east were bringing $200 more than last list price on them. I even heard the other day that one of the last 044s with about an hour of run time sold for upwards of $750. I guess this goes to show that a lot of people aren't real big fans of the 441. If you found that 440 for $635 you done real good whitedogone. If I had that saw right now I know a guy who would pay me $1,000 for it in a heartbeat. Congratulations!

Last edited:
there's a brand new one on E-bay right now. It will be interesting to see what it brings. Nice thing about this one is I've got a full warrenty. WDO

Ebay? I'm tempted, but I'm not gonna buy it to try and sell it later. If I need anything bigger than my 361 then I would step up to a 460 or 650. I'm sure someone would really appreciate it. Anyway congrats on the 440 again..... you lucky dog!

Ebay? I'm tempted, but I'm not gonna buy it to try and sell it later. If I need anything bigger than my 361 then I would step up to a 460 or 650. I'm sure someone would really appreciate it. Anyway congrats on the 440 again..... you lucky dog!

I hear ya. The 440 fits good in my saw plan

Latest posts

Back