What's The Real Reason Husqvarna has Shuttering So Many US Plants?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would be surprised if Stihl starts selling at non-servicing stores considering the amount of market share they currently have, why would they rock the boat. Shipton's and Rural King are chain stores but they provide service for Stihl equipment.
More to the point, a huge brand, albiet at the top of the market, STILL.........STIHL USA can source out any added homeowner market they chose. Don't label selling at an ACE, to be a lack of product quality...that's ignorant. Consider it smart, concise marketing, inn specific areas. If you live 60 miles from such a store, than you need to take a drive, go for lunch, buy another chainsaw.

OR you can drink the koolaid, and buy a blue machine with looser screws than you have.....

I would be surprised if Stihl starts selling at non-servicing stores considering the amount of market share they currently have, why would they rock the boat. Shipton's and Rural King are chain stores but they provide service for Stihl equipment.
They have been for years. Ace hardware around here have Stihl equipment but no service. Only some of the local D&B farm stores have service departments but all the stores carry both Stihl and Husky.

Tsc has been going down hill for many years now. More to the point of saws, they have always carried some sort of saws. Mcculloch when I was young, then they changed to jonsred and poulan then to husqy branded saws. Never seen a service department in any of them.
Sticking with the national chain stores, we have quite a few ace hardware stores that sell whatever brand they could get a dealer for. I've seen husqy, stihl, and echo. Some have service counters some don't and the one that do vary greatly in skill set. Most times you're better off fixing your own equipment.

They are starting to change that practice. They signed too many dealers that arnt small engine guys that have put a bad taste in people's mouths. John deere dealers come to mind. Some of the worst service you will ever find. In my area.
Their bar oil is still the cheapest when they have their sales. 🤪

I bought my first Stihl 038mag at Oakdale Ace Hardware way back in the 80's when I was a young fella. Family owned business since the 50's. They had a great service department and did porting work long before it was a thing. Bought my first climbing gear there. Knew them all and my daughter married the grandson of one of the owners. Good people. Big box stores and these piss-ant know nothing businessmen getting their poo diggers into the local owned game forced them out of business about 10 yrs ago. Sad to see.

I will keep to my orange and white saws and hope for the best. Husqvarna makes a solid product, screws fall out, tha's just life. I owned a Husky dirtbike as a teenager, helluva ride, and good for getting air off the spillway at the lake. For the men losing their jobs, what a damm shame.

I guess different areas have different things going on. I haven't seen any new Stihl products in a non-servicing dealership in this area. Having non-servicing dealers is not a good sign if it is widespread thing.

Nearest RK to me is over 100 miles away, so not somewhere I'd go to anyway.

Little back story on TSC.. I bought my Cub rear tine tiller there or should I say almost bought. The guy loading it in the back of my pickup truck with a hi-lo dropped it on the pavement and then picked back up and went to put it in my truck even though it was all smashed up. Looked at him and said, what the hell and he said it's yours to which I said no it's not and went in the store and got my money back. They probably sold it to some sap for a good discount. Around here we all call Tractor Supply, Tough **** Charley's, where everything is either scratched, dented or broken....
Yep, the same as lowes, home depot etc... there was a little 21 ton splitter at lowes that had a banged up gas tank. Watched them sit that out for 3 years in a row before it sold. Tank all banged in and rusty.
Their bar oil is still the cheapest when they have their sales. 🤪
Yeah, that was my go to oil till I got a good deal on mystik bar oil and stocked up. It was around $7.00 gal vs the 12 for the pro select at tsc. Haven't been doing much cutting this year so I still have a few cases of oil here to go through.

In her latest video, she compares a Stihl and an Echo and a Chinese saw and the Chinese saw won't start (Neo Tec). Bucking logs, no chaps, no boots either. Fine example...not. She does show her boobs (not boots). quite a bit....lol

100% entertainment and little factual stuff.

In her latest video, she compares a Stihl and an Echo and a Chinese saw and the Chinese saw won't start (Neo Tec). Bucking logs, no chaps, no boots either. Fine example...not. She does show her boobs (not boots). quite a bit....lol

100% entertainment and little factual stuff.
Have you seen pics/vids of AU woodcutters? Lol.
None of that gear, and, short pants 🤣

Yep, the same as lowes, home depot etc... there was a little 21 ton splitter at lowes that had a banged up gas tank. Watched them sit that out for 3 years in a row before it sold. Tank all banged in and rusty.

Yeah, that was my go to oil till I got a good deal on mystik bar oil and stocked up. It was around $7.00 gal vs the 12 for the pro select at tsc. Haven't been doing much cutting this year so I still have a few cases of oil here to go through.
Haven't seen that price in at least 10yrs

She's a pompous, biased idiot without an original thougt. About 80% of her content is total rubbish.
I've never seen that channel, but I don't watch a lot of you tube either, so whatever get your rocks off.

Most of what I said to Bill applies here, but I'll add I don't find her very attractive, can't get past her voice and the stupid that typically flows from her mouth.

Haven't been impressed with any of the husqy mowers, push or riders. Mtd like quality. Hydro gear has some real garbage units out for years that may as well be non serviceable. Nothing like the older units.
What's wrong with these sheilas? Fit young ladies doing stuff with a sawmill, should be more of it I'd say.

What's wrong with these sheilas? Fit young ladies doing stuff with a sawmill, should be more of it I'd say.
First, you quoted the wrong post.
Second, I don't find bubble but idiots attractive. I do not agree with their strategies for making money and more then a few videos that have been shared on this site with those people in them have shown poor skill and handling and a general lack of any in depth knowledge. These videos are generated to make money. You are free to watch whatever you like, I however see it as unfit and a disgrace.

Back