What's The Real Reason Husqvarna has Shuttering So Many US Plants?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the past year and a half, I've taken no less that 4 price increases on hot rolled sheet and 3 on structural, all of them substantial too. I've pulled the published prices off my website and replaced them with a 'Call for price' What used to be a cheap date for me isn't any longer and then there is the issue of just getting it. Some of my customer (especially the ones off shore) as I sell to the EU and Japan are quite taken back by shipping cost. it is what it is, nothing I can do about it and I'm sure as hell not giving my stuff away either.

If it keeps going, I'll close up shop and just farm and fiddle.

Transportation companies as well want more compensation and that directly impacts shipping cost. Viscous circle.
Just got a stick (42 feet) of 1/4" x 2" flat bar. $58.00 and some change. Few years ago I got 3, 42' lengths for that. Couldn't believe it when my brother called with the price. Just think they have to charge the customer more then that to make money on it.

Just got a stick (42 feet) of 1/4" x 2" flat bar. $58.00 and some change. Few years ago I got 3, 42' lengths for that. Couldn't believe it when my brother called with the price. Just think they have to charge the customer more then that to make money on it.
One stick would last me maybe a week, tops. I have my steel delivered on a semi usually, not that I use material like that because I don't. Flat rolled (hot rolled) plate and stainless steel (304) rounds mostly. Only one mill left here that does stainless and it's in Pennsylvania.

One stick would last me maybe a week, tops. I have my steel delivered on a semi usually, not that I use material like that because I don't. Flat rolled (hot rolled) plate and stainless steel (304) rounds mostly. Only one mill left here that does stainless and it's in Pennsylvania.
For my home projects I don't usually go through high volumes of steel, and my brithers work at an industrial fabrication shop so it's easy to get when I need it. They get multiple loads of steel a week, and I get a decent price on anything they usually stock.

Seems to be a lack of parts for mowers per the video posted above.
Can't stand her videos, but I muddled through it. Can't get parts for a lot of products, including m tronic harnesses on stihl saws. Doesn't mean much, and I doubt husqvarna make those cables to begin with. Unfortunately we live in a global market and everything is screwed up. Besides that, if she had a bit of ingenuity those cables could be fixed quite easily.

We cannot get parts to support production at work. On Thursday we were completely out of a specific part to build our high volume truck. We normal produce one every 4 minutes. I do a specialized job on a low volume unit that takes about 30 minutes each on a good day. We only ran those Thursday so we had 40 folks standing around for 26 minutes waiting on me. Not a good day. The funny thing is the parts were stuck in Canada, not China

We cannot get parts to support production at work. On Thursday we were completely out of a specific part to build our high volume truck. We normal produce one every 4 minutes. I do a specialized job on a low volume unit that takes about 30 minutes each on a good day. We only ran those Thursday so we had 40 folks standing around for 26 minutes waiting on me. Not a good day. The funny thing is the parts were stuck in Canada, not China
Yep, like I said, it's a global issue.... see it at work and my uncles shops everyday. Lead times are just stupid these days.

Can't stand her videos, but I muddled through it. Can't get parts for a lot of products, including m tronic harnesses on stihl saws. Doesn't mean much, and I doubt husqvarna make those cables to begin with. Unfortunately we live in a global market and everything is screwed up. Besides that, if she had a bit of ingenuity those cables could be fixed quite easily.
What don't you like about them? Maybe you like this kind of crap instead.

Just like the GM assembly plant in bowling green it will have enough parts to run for a week then it will be idle for three or 4 weeks waiting on parts. Parts are sourced from Canada, Mexico and the USA.

Just like the GM assembly plant in bowling green it will have enough parts to run for a week then it will be idle for three or 4 weeks waiting on parts. Parts are sourced from Canada, Mexico and the USA.
We run balls out then slow down. We actually ran Saturday on overtime at a snails pace just because it was a scheduled Saturday.

No one is buying them anyway. Car (and truck) prices are stupid today. People are more concerned with eating than buying a new high priced ride. Fords is in the same boat as is FCA, that is why I maintain that if the UAW strikes them, they'd had better be prepared for a long strike and I don't see autoworkers surviving very long on 500 bucks a week strike pay either. Up here I'm surrounded by autoworkers, including immediate family.

Supply chain economics have sucked since Covid and it's not getting any better, actually appears to be getting worse.

Can't stand her videos,
Actually, I find her somewhat entertaining like most YT creators. Probably makes a bundle from her YT royalties and her Pateron donations. If you think any of them are in it for the 'beer', you'd be wrong, they all get compensated financially for the video's based on subscriptions. I never subscribe to any of them. I just watch them.

She does have a nice chassis but a face only her mother could love....

Candidly, at my age (73), they all look good anyway.

Latest posts

Back