What's the worst saw you ever worked on?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crane

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Still dealing with some post traumatic stress disorder from a PM 320 I worked on last March. I can get right edgy if I even look at the cardboad box in the rafters that it sits in.
Must have 6-8hours into that *&#$%:censored: :censored: gremlin! It's just on of those saws that on thing leads to another and another. Should have paid closer attention to the wry smile the guy had I picked it up from. He took my $20, and wished me the "best o' luck." Air leaks(intake), seals, cracked mount,etc. I've had new parts here for it, for a while, but I just can't get myself to reopen that cardboard box.

Sooo, anyone ever come across another project that was determined to drive them to an early grave??

The PM320, may not be that bad either. It's just in this case I have one that seems to be possessed. I'm sure when I turn out the light and go to close the garage door, I can here a feint giggle. Could be just me, but I swear that saw is laughing at me:chainsaw:

Think I'll store the box next to the chop saw.....see if that changes things.

Any model of those Mini Macs are the same and I'm with you. I won't even take em for free anymore.

i'll 3rd that. the older ones with the non-removable pull starts are even worse.
the mac titan 57 is a close second for me. not really that hard to work on, just a domino effect. fix one thing, something else would break, etc. etc. (and that was all the time) with them.

Homelite super 2. Man that thing is a pain. You have to pull it out of the outside cases for EVERYTHING!! I am glad I gave that saw away

The Stihl 020 P gave the most problems any one saw ever did. Its not all the saws fault though, the owner had worked on it himself and two handy guys also before he brought it over to me. He said to me that I was his last chance to get this saw running again and to fix it no matter what it costs. Took that saw apart and every thing was buggered, bandaided and half ass repaired, fixed what I could see as it was not running before tear down and after reassembly it would start but not run correctly, took it apart 2 more times and fixed what I could find each time, finally took the carb out and rebuilt that and replaced the gas tank half gasket that started leaking near completion of everything else. Total time spent on the saw on three different days was 9 hrs. That saw was possessed and after the blessings that I laid on it it was exorcised and has run dutifully now for close to a year.
Pioneerguy600

jonsred 2050. I could never keep that bar tight. No matter how hard I cranked on those bar nuts they would come loose.Was a good saw but man, I would get so mad when the bar would come loose and the chain would nearly fly off.

working on Mini Macs...hhhmmmmmmm

Reminds me of my younger days, chasing girls...........for all the effort put in to getting the "covers" off, you know it's all going to end in disappointment and you'll end up with something that demands your attention all the time:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Back