Whats the worst thing you've lost or left at a job site?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Left the boss there.....oh, you meant something that was important. Sorry misread the question.

Scott (didn't go back for him either) B

Rakes....Lots of rakes. And recently left my lanyard at a job because I left so quickly. It's amazing some of the people you come across contract climbing....

Chevy, I've got the same problem with rakes, always have. I used to lose them drive over them, bury them under chips, etc. luckily they have a short life and don't cost much!

We had another crew working down the street from us that forgot a climber. He walked into the back yard to double check for tools and when he come back around they had left. I waved as they went by us and a few minutes later here comes the climber walking up the road. I already had a six man crew with two trucks so he had to ride home in the toolbox( chip beds were both full)View attachment 376779

NICE..... How did you find enough room in any tool box for a rider

Wheel chocks but always manage to get them back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeff you guys must blow through your fair share of rakes and tarps....I know it's hard to get a month out of the stupid poly tarps for us.

Since I started issuing a rake to each ground guy, I am not going thru that many. If they don't have a rake, they don't have the rake I issued them. Where is it? It was an experiment that I tried and seems to work. No more saying I don't know, some one took it, etc. I will write them up for loosing tools. Kinda hard core maybe, but that is how it seems to work best. ;) Yeah, 'sac-climber',,, I had a period of buying rakes every day or two, but with 17 guys and no witnesses, hard to blame. Anyway,
we don't use tarps, we use burlaps and they last a month or so. But a rake or scoop shovel will have your name on it and you will be responsible for it.
How about this weather?!,,,,awesome!
Jeff :)

Since I started issuing a rake to each ground guy, I am not going thru that many. If they don't have a rake, they don't have the rake I issued them. Where is it? It was an experiment that I tried and seems to work. No more saying I don't know, some one took it, etc. I will write them up for loosing tools. Kinda hard core maybe, but that is how it seems to work best. ;) Yeah, 'sac-climber',,, I had a period of buying rakes every day or two, but with 17 guys and no witnesses, hard to blame. Anyway,
we don't use tarps, we use burlaps and they last a month or so. But a rake or scoop shovel will have your name on it and you will be responsible for it.
How about this weather?!,,,,awesome!
Jeff :)

Where we have the biggest problem is when there are 2-3 crews on the same job. Equipment gets shared and mixed up and at the end of the day everybody's too tired to sort it all out. Next morning 1 guy has 4 rakes but no signs, other guy has all the shovels, then someone leaves early with everyone else's stuff.

Worst thing I ever lost was my truck keys, I put them in my pocket but didn't realize there was a hole. After getting out of the tree and almost cleaned up the neighbor comes home and flips a switch that those were his trees and get out of his driveway. Never found the keys, sat there for a couple hours waiting for a locksmith while the two home owners and a sheriff got into it over the property line.

Worst thing I ever lost was my truck keys, I put them in my pocket but didn't realize there was a hole. After getting out of the tree and almost cleaned up the neighbor comes home and flips a switch that those were his trees and get out of his driveway. Never found the keys, sat there for a couple hours waiting for a locksmith while the two home owners and a sheriff got into it over the property line.
Woah,
That Had to Suck

We've left all kinds of small stuff likes rakes and other various hand tools. My crew left a bucket of rigging stuff like rope, port a wrap, pulleys and slings once. I've been pretty lucky and been able to retrieve most everything we've left behind. My luck ran out last week though when my crew dropped a big ass tree on a 4 month old 372xp. Ouch!

This is an almost....... I was cutting at the school, with a big crowd watching, and it didn't go as smoothly as I hoped, so I was a bit distracted. I had set the 3120 with a 48 near the fence, and crowd. Sometime later I couldn't find it, and the excitement being over, the crowd had dispersed. I thought they had 'hid' it but couldn't get a rise. On a subsequent trip, I spotted a tad of orange in the burn pile, under alot of big brush. Someone had set the saw into the dump, and I loaded the trailer without looking. It didn't do any damage, but OH so close. I was about to torch the pile.

Back