What's the worst you've done to an idiot customer?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O yeah, then there was the dope that said he would shoot my climber right out of the tree, I can't tell you my response! Then he said he would call the cops and I said good idea after saying in front of 3 witnesses about shooting the climber! Then he gave up! Then his wife came out and said he just had a heart surgery! I said, so why is he starting fights?

Shooting the climber, you say?

🤔 Well in theory...

No, no, no. It's just terrible! Terrible!

I wonder if I could get in on this 🤔 I'll Just tell a small little story and it goes a little kinda like this.... so it's middle of July and the company I worked for gets a call of a guy wanting 3 trees cut (standing) and 2 cut that were already down along a road.. now here's the kicker he didn't clarify what kinda road and so anyways the boss sends out a old guy to quote him on these 5 trees and to see if we can get logs out of them (we're loggers not tree monkeys) so anyways the old guy comes back and says yeah boss we can get logs out of them and yeah boss there good trees so the boss says alright then we will send jaden (me) and 2 others so before we can do this job we had a small one (we were called Monday to a small tract)and we finished it on Thursday well then the guy called the boss back and said hey I'll help you guys out a bit. I got a tractor I'll load the logs for you and what does the boss say ok sounds good my guys will be out Friday and so sure enough Friday morning were dragging to this job get there the guy comes out points to the trees down the road and now this is when my partner (Jacob) asked .sir is this a private road? And he says oh no this public and I own both sides so I own the road (one sides a mountain and woods others a hay field) anyways we call the boss explain the road thing he says were good just quote Throw some cones out and so we put cones and a tree work sign and a road closed well these 5 trees are leaning towards the road and none of us are climbers so we just grab are saws and take to it also to add to it these trees are 24 to 30 inch oaks so we get 2 cut (24 inch oak n 26 inch oak both red) last ones 30 inchs and so I start in on that only to be stopped by the road district and its the road commissioner which is a women named Karen (ironic) anyways she's throwing a fit cause we're blocking her road and blah blah blah we explain the job and that she can call are boss (total idiot) but for now we're cutting these trees she insisted we weren't and then she said we'll if i have to I'll go get the backhoe and so by now I'm kinda getting mad and Jacob's still bucking up the 2nd tree but the 3rd guy we brought that's just kinda standing off watching walks up and his exact words were lady can you go vibrate yourself out of here please .wel by nows she's really pissed and then out comes the homeowner and he's fighting with her and so I seen a good 10 secs I could finish the tree and get it down so I did and sure enough boom the tree falls and she's REALLY REALLY MAD NOW I'm talking ready to lay hands and so we pull the homeowner aside and said hey can we leave and finish this job Sunday and he said yeah that quote he's tired of listening to this lady's story on how here husbands a cop and so anyways we pack up and we leave these trees in the road cut to logs and some of the branches stack on the side (road still ain't passable really) so we leave and tell the boss what happens and he's pissed so Sunday we go back out and he goes with us and so we pull up get out look down this road and there's no logs so now we're like wth weres these logs at? And the road appears to be really clean so we ask the landowner hey sir where's the logs we cut and his response is the road district came back with a dump truck and backhoe loaded them up and left...well by now the boss is mad I'm so mad that I wanna KO someone and so anyways we can't get the road districts number to try to get these logs the landowner wants to sue her about them we are out money and the landowner refuses to pay us since we did nothing and the other 2 logs were rotten maple so no money from them so long story short we don't do tree jobs no more unless there's 10 trees or more and 20 acres or more now you might say we'll you can't block a private road my response is when there's almost no one else on that road for 3 miles and there's a road that goes around yes yes you can and that we shouldn't of left.. we did cause all of us have bit of a temper and last I knew wanting to cut someone in half was illegal and you might say well sue someone and if I owned this company yeah definitely but the boss was a absolute piece of gimme a s h i t ( quick side not 2 weeks later I quit do to safety and the company went down about 3 months later due to being sued

I wonder if I could get in on this 🤔 I'll Just tell a small little story and it goes a little kinda like this.... so it's middle of July and the company I worked for gets a call of a guy wanting 3 trees cut (standing) and 2 cut that were already down along a road.. now here's the kicker he didn't clarify what kinda road and so anyways the boss sends out a old guy to quote him on these 5 trees and to see if we can get logs out of them (we're loggers not tree monkeys) so anyways the old guy comes back and says yeah boss we can get logs out of them and yeah boss there good trees so the boss says alright then we will send jaden (me) and 2 others so before we can do this job we had a small one (we were called Monday to a small tract)and we finished it on Thursday well then the guy called the boss back and said hey I'll help you guys out a bit. I got a tractor I'll load the logs for you and what does the boss say ok sounds good my guys will be out Friday and so sure enough Friday morning were dragging to this job get there the guy comes out points to the trees down the road and now this is when my partner (Jacob) asked .sir is this a private road? And he says oh no this public and I own both sides so I own the road (one sides a mountain and woods others a hay field) anyways we call the boss explain the road thing he says were good just quote Throw some cones out and so we put cones and a tree work sign and a road closed well these 5 trees are leaning towards the road and none of us are climbers so we just grab are saws and take to it also to add to it these trees are 24 to 30 inch oaks so we get 2 cut (24 inch oak n 26 inch oak both red) last ones 30 inchs and so I start in on that only to be stopped by the road district and its the road commissioner which is a women named Karen (ironic) anyways she's throwing a fit cause we're blocking her road and blah blah blah we explain the job and that she can call are boss (total idiot) but for now we're cutting these trees she insisted we weren't and then she said we'll if i have to I'll go get the backhoe and so by now I'm kinda getting mad and Jacob's still bucking up the 2nd tree but the 3rd guy we brought that's just kinda standing off watching walks up and his exact words were lady can you go vibrate yourself out of here please .wel by nows she's really pissed and then out comes the homeowner and he's fighting with her and so I seen a good 10 secs I could finish the tree and get it down so I did and sure enough boom the tree falls and she's REALLY REALLY MAD NOW I'm talking ready to lay hands and so we pull the homeowner aside and said hey can we leave and finish this job Sunday and he said yeah that quote he's tired of listening to this lady's story on how here husbands a cop and so anyways we pack up and we leave these trees in the road cut to logs and some of the branches stack on the side (road still ain't passable really) so we leave and tell the boss what happens and he's pissed so Sunday we go back out and he goes with us and so we pull up get out look down this road and there's no logs so now we're like wth weres these logs at? And the road appears to be really clean so we ask the landowner hey sir where's the logs we cut and his response is the road district came back with a dump truck and backhoe loaded them up and left...well by now the boss is mad I'm so mad that I wanna KO someone and so anyways we can't get the road districts number to try to get these logs the landowner wants to sue her about them we are out money and the landowner refuses to pay us since we did nothing and the other 2 logs were rotten maple so no money from them so long story short we don't do tree jobs no more unless there's 10 trees or more and 20 acres or more now you might say we'll you can't block a private road my response is when there's almost no one else on that road for 3 miles and there's a road that goes around yes yes you can and that we shouldn't of left.. we did cause all of us have bit of a temper and last I knew wanting to cut someone in half was illegal and you might say well sue someone and if I owned this company yeah definitely but the boss was a absolute piece of gimme a s h i t ( quick side not 2 weeks later I quit do to safety and the company went down about 3 months later due to being sued
Damn that's long felt shorter 😕 when it happened

" this is when my partner (Jacob) asked .sir is this a private road? And he says oh no this public and I own both sides so I own the road..."

And this is where the story should have ended.
Private property owners do not own public roads.
Agreed but 3 things the boss said it's okay 2 the guy did at one time own the road during the 1800s or so and it was made threw this land (I know cause I asked ) 3 when you work for someone you can't pick what you do

Back