What's up with the search function??????N/M

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WidowMaker

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
The title is supposed to read search function, tried to edit it to correct it, but ya can't edit the title??

Sorry

Last edited:
On my computer I have never been able to make the search function work by clicking on the icon "Search". I have to "right click" on the "Search" - then push the "Open" function.

See if that works for you.

never had a problem with it, just checked it now. Works like a charm. I'm running Firefox.

Ian

I have Microsoft Windows XP - and the search function button on this site has never worked on my computer. I visited the site for quite a while before I discovered that I could get the "Search" to work by right clicking and using the "Open" command. The odd thing is that the User CP, FAX, Members List, Calendar, New Posts and Log Out will work by left clicking on them - but the Search, Quick Links and Profiles will not open with a left click on the mouse and I have to right click them and use the "Open" command.

I you are having troubles with the search function you may want to, "flush your dns file" on your computer. Not 100% positive it will work, but it wont harm a thing if you try.

Its done like this.

Click on start----Run--type in, cmd---a prompt window will appear. It will say: C:\ documents and settings\name of your computer>then type in the command here. The command is: ipconfig/flushdns

Below is what it looks like on my computer.

Click on start----Run--type in, cmd---a prompt window will appear. It will say: C:\ documents and settings\Bob>ipconfig/flushdns hit enter

I ran the command to clear the computer as you instructed - still doesn't work with a left click on the mouse. I do not have a problem with right clicking and using "Open" to access the search funciton - it works fine that way now that I know how to access it. Hopefully this will work for the original poster (Widowmaker) as well. I remembeer a previous post where the member had to right click as well to access "Search" - so I am not the only one. My computer is part of a network in my office and it has lots of firewalls and security - so it may be related to the security issues and Pop Up blockers.

Right Click and "Open" works for me!

On my computer I have never been able to make the search function work by clicking on the icon "Search". I have to "right click" on the "Search" - then push the "Open" function.

See if that works for you.

=========

The right click/open works, wonder what what changed, never had to do that before...Oh well long as it works.
Thanks for the tip...

Latest posts

Back