Whats with the LINKBUCKS crap!!!! rediculous, great way to end the site!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a heads up for computer doofuses like me.

Do NOT click on any of the Linkbucks crap that comes up. There's a nasty package of malware/spyware/Trojans in that crap.

I tried everything and it kept coming up, and ended up finding that I got their crap on this computer.
I must have clicked something other than "Skip this ad" in the process of trying to log in here.

Ran the usual Norton scan and then the free optimizer pro download, and finally found it.
Several files with linkbucks in the name, and several under another.

KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!!!!!!

Chainsaws, wood splitters, stump grinders, and a flail chopper to reduce "organic matter" into a nice organic mulch to spread in a swamp...
If one of you guys figure out who the cretins behind this are...it would make for a nice GTG/picnic.:msp_sneaky:

I am still having problems with my desk top computer running windows 7. I really do not want to start changing a bunch of stuff on it just so I can log into this site. I am hoping the administrators will eventually get it straightened out. At least my I-pad is working for now.

ya if you logout and then view page source(assuming you have JS disabled and don't just get redirected) you can see the links on the page.

I am guessing this site puts any posts that have links in them into a moderation que as I think those are the only ones that have had to be approved first.
You only have 7 post, new members with under 10 post that post links will automatically go to moderation. That's so we can see the spammers before they can get it on the forums. Most spammers put a link up on the first post, some try to get around it and make a few before they post a link. Moderators have to approve your post before they can be seen on the forums. I have been locked out for three days with the hackers. But I remember approving a couple of your post.

You guys that are worried about information, these clowns are doing this for fun. they don't care about information. Go to their websites and see what they do. Pretty smart guys but should all be put in prison for a while. The site owners have done all they can to keep this place up, but when you are under constant attack it is hard to do.

These creeps are attacking the site all the time. It's not just this site either. they are causing grief all over the web.Eventually they will be caught or shot, either one is fine by me.

Give the owners some credit here, it's a full time job keeping the hackers away. This is not the first time hackers have tried the site, just that these guys are a lot more advanced and have more abilities to hack sites.

They will pass and AS will get back to normal once again, It always has and Always will.

You only have 7 post, new members with under 10 post that post links will automatically go to moderation. That's so we can see the spammers before they can get it on the forums. Most spammers put a link up on the first post, some try to get around it and make a few before they post a link. Moderators have to approve your post before they can be seen on the forums. I have been locked out for three days with the hackers. But I remember approving a couple of your post.

You guys that are worried about information, these clowns are doing this for fun. they don't care about information. Go to their websites and see what they do. Pretty smart guys but should all be put in prison for a while. The site owners have done all they can to keep this place up, but when you are under constant attack it is hard to do.

These creeps are attacking the site all the time. It's not just this site either. they are causing grief all over the web.Eventually they will be caught or shot, either one is fine by me.

Give the owners some credit here, it's a full time job keeping the hackers away. This is not the first time hackers have tried the site, just that these guys are a lot more advanced and have more abilities to hack sites.

They will pass and AS will get back to normal once again, It always has and Always will.
Who are these lowlifes? Or what do you know about them so far?

There a bunch of smart geeks that have nothing to do but create havoc. Their are several groups of them and they give theirselves names. Some claim to be out of the country but who knows where they are, they could be your next door neighbors.

you can bet they have kept Darin and Mrs. Arboristsite up all night a few times over the last weeks. All we have to do is sign off and go elsewhere, they are stuck with dealing with these jerks.

the wife "cleaned" this computer today and every thing is workin great now. I don't really know what that means but if ya still got trouble you prolly need the same.

Crap cleaner works well, it's a free download. Never click on a pop up link, no matter where it is. unless you know the business and even then it could be infected. Nothing is 100% safe on the web any more. This site is as safe as any out there.

I think CrapCleaner is just called CCleaner now. But yes, that and Combofix are my go-to cleanup programs. And as for no sites being safe anymore, that's very true. You're more likely to get computer infections from religious websites than pron... no, really. The last one my comp got was when I clicked on some small web page about light bulb current draw differences when fed AC vs DC current. It just happens.

Last edited:
the wife "cleaned" this computer today and every thing is workin great now. I don't really know what that means but if ya still got trouble you prolly need the same.

Funny you mention that because I just finished a scan on my desk top pc and it is now working correctly. I am glad I did not change a bunch of things on my computer. I like it the way it is.

i got new dolmar saw i couldnt get on for a week, still got problems every page switch is a redirect and or lost of login info

PLEASE HELP

I EMAIL LINKBUCK MY THOUGHTS OF THERE F--KIN COMPANY

I disabled java script on google chrome and got right on, don't know what this will do
to other programs, been getting the link pop-up for 3 days now, sometimes i wonder
if the internet is really worth it with all this crap going on.

Bob.....

Linkbucks is gone again from the main part of AS

I am still having problems with my desk top computer running windows 7. I really do not want to start changing a bunch of stuff on it just so I can log into this site. I am hoping the administrators will eventually get it straightened out. At least my I-pad is working for now.

Assuming you are running Internet Explorer, click on tools in the upper right hand corner. Click on manage add ons. Disable Java. Chances are you will never need it anyway.

I sayed it before in the beginning of this thread and will say it again. this redx hacker has been around for a long time. I remember him hacking some other sites in the past. the worst I saw from him was when he hacked the play station network years ago. put them offline for 4 months. many many people got their credit card info stolen from this little prick. luckily AS does not have a store like the play station network had. many people had there credit card info stored on the play station network servers including me. I did not fall victim though. best thing you can do is keep your forum passwords different then all your more private passwords like online banking and such. that pic of the alien dude with the writing "you've been hacked" is something you will remember from now on and I wouldn't doubt that you see it again. I have seen it a few times on a few different sites already. that pic is his signature and it is creepy. when I saw it for the first time on the play station network I thought damn it and shut everything down worried that he hacked me but really he just hacked the network. it was all over the news years ago.

I have had zero issues since adding No Script- works like a charm for me. I think my computer is running even faster than before. Seems to be blocking a lot of other crap that was slowing me down also. Have to say I am impressed so far. But I am an old man that is easily impressed any way!:hmm3grin2orange:

Back