What's your favorite B&C for the 346xp?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
16" cannon .058 3/8's. currently LGX. Actually my bad. I swapped that setup over to the 550 but i had no complaints with it on the 346. 346 now wears a 16" prolite, same gauge, pitch, and chain.

For the record the cannon is lighter then the prolite before ST starts going off on the cannons weight. :laugh:

Mine is a superbar. Which is the largest cannon model. Both the supermini's, and carving bars are available in 16" as well and i hear they are even lighter. Cannon will make anything. All i have to do is put in a request.

I really like the 16" husqvarna branded laminated bars. They aren't the longest lasting, but they are cheap and light. If they don't get bent I seem to be able to put about 25' of chain across them before they are thrown away.

...... .

Husky branded can be either original Husky, or rebranded Oregon Pro-Lite - I assume you are referring to the original (Norwegian made) Husky ones, and that is what I mostly use as well. Those are lighter than the Pro-Lites, and that's why I prefere them.

I agree they aren't the longest lasting bars, but it doesn't really matter, as they are cheap to replace, and light. I never had one suddenly fail.

Mine is a superbar. Which is the largest cannon model. Both the supermini's, and carving bars are available in 16" as well and i hear they are even lighter. Cannon will make anything. All i have to do is put in a request.

I was thinking it was Supermini, and I have been thinking of those for a while - but where to get them, and at what price????

only thing is those are H1 (large mount) bars. i'm sure bailey's has the C1 mount bars though even though i don't see them in the catalog. i really like the cannons. first time i ever got alot of use on one i thought "this is the only bar i'm gonna buy for now on". they are still in mint shape by the time most other bars are trashed. well worth the money, here in canada anyways. they are usually priced about 25%-30% more then the oregon bars but last far longer.

I agree that is BS - but the add for the Supermini states it has a small nose, so I just wondered how small.

Thanks, that's fine with me!

mine is an 11t but it is a superbar. the supermini will obviously be smaller. i believe the supermini also has very little or no belly bulge.

I run Stihl RS chain in .325, .050 on (drumroll, please)....

...the 16" Husqvarna narrow kerf bar that came with the 346XP! You can get that bar at any big box store if you destroy it and you need to finish a job.

I use a Powermatch 16" X .050" X 60DL X 3/8" X Stihl RSC on all my 50cc saws

Back