What's your favorite B&C for the 346xp?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked up these 16" NOS Sugi Hara bars on Fleece Bay for $15 a piece, .325-.050. They take an odd ( 67DL) count to fit a 346, but are a nice solid bar. They are probably heavier than a Pro Lite, but I can't tell much difference myself. $T2eC16d,!yUE9s6NFmHRBR)Mn6cCsg~~60_57.JPG

I have a good selection of 18" .325, .058 bars, everything from husky, oregon pro-lite, windsor. If you decide to go 18" let me know. I feel the 346 balances out perfectly with a 18" pro-lite.

5'10" Why?

I was just wondering about the back saving ratio conundrum. I'm 5'7". So I'm thinking the 16" would be good for me then. Not opposed to an 18". Just looking for good balance and the right reach if it exists for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was just wondering about the back saving ratio conundrum. I'm 5'7". So I'm thinking the 16" would be good for me then. Not opposed to an 18". Just looking for good balance and the right reach if it exists for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ah, I figured you was pickin on me. Years ago we ran 16" on most of the smaller saws for pine work. Used to believe they cut faster and it was true to a point but I started running 20" bars on 272's and it was actually better on my back at the end of the day than the shorter bars were on the smaller saws. Less reaching and bending over. So we switched the 254 and 357's to 20" and it helped a bunch with our back issues. Funny how just a few inches makes a difference. CJ

Back