whats your favorite way to get wood out of the woods??? post pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
branchbuzzer

branchbuzzer

Undiagnosed
What? No snow machines? Real good for a day like today.

Posted many times (a tired old "saw" that really needs sharpened ) but always worth a view. The log sled moving is @ 4:00 in the vid. I tried trimming it down but my converter is balking at the file.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zBjlSJf4274?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zBjlSJf4274?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Last edited:
Blazin

Blazin

Addicted to ArboristSite
A JD of course! :rock:

DSCF0005-6.jpg

DSCF0004-11.jpg

dozer.jpg

Guido Salvage

Guido Salvage

Supreme Saw Whoreder
Oliver 1650

10-4, had two of them and sold the last one when I moved 12 years ago. It was a diesel with Over/Under and a Swartz loader. The other one was gas with the Hydraul shift and an Oliver loader. Still have a 440, Super 55, 551 forklift and 2 OC-46 loaders, one gas and a diesel with a 4/1 bucket.

sawinredneck

sawinredneck

Addicted to ArboristSite
Since I drive 100 miles each way to my woods, and I can't leave anything out there without the risk of being stolen or destroyed, I have to keep it simple.

Turkeyslayer

Turkeyslayer

Smells Great
I was wondering when you were gonna post in this thread. I followed your "New tractor and winch thread" and really enjoyed it.

How is the equipment working for you? I think you had recently done a follow up. But that was a little while ago. Are you cutting firewood this year or do have enough to sell already?

By the way, it was your pics that finally sold me on the winch. Especially the one where it snapped the 22" diameter pine in half. Those were some huge logs. Thanks for posting.

Thanks LumberjkChamp, I'm glad you enjoyed the thread. The tractor and winch have exceeded my expectations, and have got alot of use even through the summer. I am really impressed with what this setup will do. I plan on cutting firewood again this winter starting after Christmas. So far the firewood sales have been good. I have not advertised as much as I could have, but around here word of mouth travels fast. I expect all the wood I cut last year will be gone before spring.

Did you purchase a winch?

Last edited: