What's your favourite smallest handy chainsaw ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stihl 192 c rear handle version. I really love that little saw. So light easy to carry on a wheeler, motorcycle, or walking. Cuts better and more then I expected.

Its much older but i like my 011avt. Or the homelite VI super 2. It has tons of grunt for a small package.

Can't beat these. My father has a red one that is 30+ years old and still runs like a top (a few top end replacements of course). Trash-picked this one, added fuel lines and a fresh B&C, runs like a raped ape. Light and easy to start, handles great and parts are plentiful/cheap!
IMG_3439.JPG

I'm liking my echo 3900 for rear handle and echo 340T for top handle now days. I want AV for my saws anymore. My little wrecking crew.

echoo45003900 002.JPG
pp330cats%20016_zpswj82idpn.jpg

Wow, resurrecting a 9-year-old thread

Echo CS-352. MM'd and Stihl chain.
+1
Found the smaller sibling, cs-310 (same saw, 10% smaller bore) few years ago at a garage sale for a song. Fully expected to flip it, but after a tune and loop of Oregon VXL I've found it's my most reached-for saw. Small, light w/o feeling cheap, starts like it's fuel injected (warm starts require just a bump of the cord).
My bigger Stihls get more hours but the baby Echo gets the most use, if that makes sense. It's not going anywhere until I find a 352.

Sent from my iPhoon

I prefer the classic tanaka ecv 3801 / hitachi cs40ek. Sold all my other small saws because of them.

i paid $69 AUS thats 50 bucks US for this. and its snapping at the heals of a modded 192T. it has the same mods as the 192T. sure it probably wont last as long. but shes a little ripper for the money.

What does that weigh, in poundoes and ozitoes? Does it buzz like a mozitoe? It looks seriously light.

Back