whats your " go to " saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 044 has just a bit more power that a 038 mag II. In fact you only notice the difference in side by side cookie cutting. But the 044 weighs a lot less. Sorry to diverge from the main topic.

"Go to" in what size?

The DCS 401 goes everywhere with me.

I have a hotrodded Husky 350 that I really like for a beater in the mid-range. It doesn't have the power of the 5100 but if it gets banged up or mashed it isn't a great loss.

The 6400 handles everything from 55cc-75cc very nicely.
The 7901 gets the nod for the big stuff.

Mike

two actually

My 353 for most and a CS71(Efco 970) for the bigger stuff. Both fun and aggressive saws in their present trim. :)

Was my 034. Added an MS460 a month or so back and now that saw now has the go to honors.

Depends, but the first one to come out anymore is the ported 350, but if the job is too big for that, then the 066 and be done with it quickly. Otherwise, when I'm feeling retro, it's the SuperXL. Used to always be the SuperXL, but that 350 is just too dang much fun.

Tough choice for me since i bought the 440. but i ussually do all my felling with the 046. for firewood its hard to beat the 440

Last edited:
Depends on the situation...the 242 fits on the tractor perfect...the 55 does little and big...the 372 does big and larger...

But mostly I like the 361...lol

372xp,440,038, my tiny 090...all depends on which way I go into the garage and which one has gas at the time of the snatch and grab:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Still has to be my 359,

who needs a 50cc and a 70cc when ya got one of these?

Latest posts

Back