What's YOUR Holy Grail Vintage Chainsaw List?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Guys,

Good looking saws !!!!

My short list is a BL and any two-man STIHL.

I will be retiring before long and will hopefully get more serious about completing lists.

Our museum is near complete, just need to decide what to "fill" it with. Room for about 1000 one-man saws with room left over for two-man saws, drag saws and related items. Climate controlled and carpeted.

Larry HOS

I payed about 500 for a rough Alpina 120 about six months ago. I'd bet a decent 90 is worth about the same or more. Good find. Post some pics if you can.

Sounds about right on value. They are quite rare, too. I can find 70's here without any trouble. Very rarely see a 90. Have never seen a 120 for sale here in Italy.

McCulloch 2-10G @ 954cc.
ROFL
560bc2e147810537c3c7964ecab19d92.jpg

Found a Running Alpina A90 with a 32" bar . Cant seem to find alot of info on it . Anyone know what its worth ?

Here it would fetch about €100, if running. Alpina's aren't as sought after as they once were, even large models. I suspect this is due to the supply of engine parts drying up and aftermarket passing them over due to low demand.

I passed on that Alpina 90 as well at $700. I'd probably pass on it also at $500. As previously mentioned, parts are almost impossible to find. You have to buy another power head just have a good source of parts.

The last two 120s I bought cost me $50 each at garage sales. One was from the original owner with the receipt, manuals, parts list, etc. Unfortunately he let it sit for over 20 years with fuel in it so it'll have to be totally restored before it's a runner again.

I have been watching that Alpina for sometime now. Its just a bit over a hour away from me. I sure wasn't interested in it at the $700 or so that it was originally listed at and its not a grail saw to me to even go $500 on it.

If someone else thinks it is, thats fine to each their own. I am surprised to see it turn up in the location that it is in. Not exactly a wood cutting place.

I passed on that Alpina 90 as well at $700. I'd probably pass on it also at $500. As previously mentioned, parts are almost impossible to find. You have to buy another power head just have a good source of parts.

The last two 120s I bought cost me $50 each at garage sales. One was from the original owner with the receipt, manuals, parts list, etc. Unfortunately he let it sit for over 20 years with fuel in it so it'll have to be totally restored before it's a runner again.

I agree , If anyone wants it look on Chicago Craigslist.

Back