What's YOUR Holy Grail Vintage Chainsaw List?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I'm in Jordan for work this week, and spent some time exploring in the desert today. Came across this place with a temple carved out of solid rock. I'm thinking to myself, I'll bet they used a Stihl 090 GS (gear drive stone cutting) to do that! So I was looking for one for my buddy @NewToStihl, but wasn't able to find one anywhere. Bummer!

IMG_0237.JPG

Not long ago I wrapped my hands around one of my personal holy grail saws, a sand cast Lightning. We don't often find 'perfect' examples with the rare ones, and this one is not perfect. On my wish list is that it hadn't been restored/repainted and that it had the correct early recoil cover plate with the FM logo stamped into the center. However, I couldn't be happier with it and the fact that I got the opportunity to own it!

Just in case anyone is harboring one that needs a new home, Scott hit the nail on the head above by pointing out that I would certainly like to get my grubby mitts on an 090G Stone Saw!!!

IMG_0243.JPG IMG_0245.JPG IMG_0246.JPG IMG_0247.JPG IMG_0249.JPG

Not long ago I wrapped my hands around one of my personal holy grail saws, a sand cast Lightning. We don't often find 'perfect' examples with the rare ones, and this one is not perfect. On my wish list is that it hadn't been restored/repainted and that it had the correct early recoil cover plate with the FM logo stamped into the center. However, I couldn't be happier with it and the fact that I got the opportunity to own it!

Just in case anyone is harboring one that needs a new home, Scott hit the nail on the head above by pointing out that I would certainly like to get my grubby mitts on an 090G Stone Saw!!!

That is a sweet Contra!!! Too bad on the repaint, but you're right -- you're not likely to run across a minty unmolested one. I'll keep my eyes peeled for a recoil cover plate.

I have a few more Grail saws waiting for me when I get home from my trip later today -- Mrs. Bulletpruf (aka, The Long-Haired General) has informed me that several boxes have arrived in the past few days. One should be the KMS4 that I posted pics of a few weeks ago. Another should be XF #10. And the XA diesel with the crate (pics posted earlier) should have arrived, too.

And another recent arrival is a gorgeous Mac 797 that one of the members here is intimately familiar with - it's been completely gone through and was rebuilt with an extensive amount of NOS parts. Can't wait to bury the bar in some hardwood and let 'er eat!

P1050008.JPG P1050007.JPG

Back