What's your reward?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrider

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Worked on the wood pile for about 5 hours today with temps pretty chilly for around here- in the upper 20's. After any day working outside in the cold, I look forward to nothing more than a nice dark beer in the shower. Porters and stouts are my favorite in the winter and today's reward was a nice Breckenridge Vanilla Porter.
So what's your reward after a day of working outside in the winter?

after blocking 5 cords of red oak yesterday it was a big bowl of bean soup and a large hunk of ham that simmered in the same pot from Christmas! washed down with my favorite can of pepsi soda.... after a good meal with time to rest and set the meal is good ole apple pie(not the kind you have to chew)....

I look forward to nothing more than a nice dark beer in the shower.

In the shower?!?!?:crazy:

Well, everyone has their tastes, I guess, but I'd prefer to take the shower, then sit in front of the fire with a cup of tea and check out AS. :drinkingcoffee:

Usually a couple cold beers, with a little taste of Jager every now and again. Ham and Bean soup sounds fantastic. It's cold enough here now that I should fix up a pot. Yum!

The wife stopped by the local butcher (my cousin) and the bakery and brought home 2 ny strips and some sweets. I ate both steaks (she's a vegetarian), potatoes, green beans, baked beans and water. Had a hot bath in the jet bath now relaxing in my flannel jammies thinking about a warm cup of bedtime tea. Haven't been drinking beer, been fighting off a cold. She got freshly smoked bacon for breakfast tomorrow and fresh eggs from our chickens. Gotta get geared up for tomorrow - have to dig out the wood stacks and haul down to the house. I looked out there this afternoon and could just see the top of the stacks. The snow is very deep here this year.

I know you guys are gonna knock me for this, but I still say I'd rather bust my butt spring, summer, and fall cutting and splitting and relax during the entire winter with my feet up in front of the fire. The only time I go outside to deal with firewood is when I'm bringing it back in. I've worked for 16 years at my current job and most of it deals with working outside in the elements. No way in hell after freezing my butt off all day at work am I coming home to deal with more cold (or even on the weekend, for that matter).

My reward is hearin my buddies complaining they have $350-400 power bills and i showed them mine and it was $96 last month we all have approx 2000sqf houses so pretty even there all i could do was tip my beer at them with a nice sh*t eaten grin on my face hahaha

The freedom I get from cutting wood . I always get told what I make an how much stuff should cost . I got some news for those bunch of azzes . The things I invest in are really good health . An doing smart things with energy . This has served very well . For those bunch vultures that did not care about education on health or energy .This scam will not last very long for you .

Sitting in the hot tub, that's heated by the owb, with a few beers and my lovely wife.
The one thing you will never hear about hot water is worse on your body than smoking . I can flat out prove it . You can do whatever an not believe it . The first problem will be a plug nose an arms an hands going a sleep when you sleep if you can sleep . Then your immune will flat line will pick up every germ with no fight . Go a head enjoy your comforts .

Latest posts

Back