When did the 562xp get all the bugs worked out? Year, serial number?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I read pages and pages on the forum when my el46 2260 started running like crap. Best I could tell nobody really had a solution other than to upgrade to the el48. I'm happy with the saw now but it still doesn't have the broad, smooth, and flawless power of my ported 2171 but then again it's not a 70cc saw or a conventional carb saw either.

The problem saws are a Very Small % of the saws out there.

Also seems more problems posted here with the EL46 carb then the EL44.
Problems do get exagerated on enthusiast forums like this, however l imagine there are many out there running 562's & 2260's with stumbling carbs and believe that nothing is wrong with their saw at all as even the problem carbs still put wood in the fireplace. l think the instant spool up of a well tuned 5 series is one of the saws biggest assetts. Being the person I am, I would still like to know what the difference/improvment is with the EL48. I have yet to read a post that clearly explains this other than 'get a EL48'.

Well, I got a new 562XP in May of 2016 with an el48 carb on it. I'm sorry to say that it has a very slight off idle hesitation. I haven't been too concerned about it yet since it is very slight, and this is a little embarrassing, but I only have about 6 or 7 tanks of gas through it so far. No other real problems. Starts fine hot or cold, runs strong, but you can definitely hear and feel the slight hesitation in it.

Do these have the low speed screw like the 550 has? (I guess I could look at mine but it sounds like a lot of work to go out in the garage.)

It's seems that most of the problems are easily solved by a competent dealer.

I'm still waiting on my 2012 model to release the bugs... its been a rock solid chip throwing work horse.

Do these have the low speed screw like the 550 has? (I guess I could look at mine but it sounds like a lot of work to go out in the garage.)

It's seems that most of the problems are easily solved by a competent dealer.

I believe it is present on the EL48 carb. IIRC some recent posts have indicated that it doesn't always work out as hoped for.

From my very limited knowledge with the 550, the screw works to adjust minor issues but if the carb is already compensating for an air leak then it doesn't.

Hmm. Yes would be nice to know what is different about the carbs. Is it a fuel shortage that causes the issue? Is it electronic? Does anyone know?
My personal thoughts are this is a very high performance machine. Husqvarna tried getting the most out of in the smallest lightest package. Like most performance machines it is a fine line to dance and keep reliability.
They did another update in 2016 increasing the cooling ability . I am not sure if anything else was with that update. I have not had any late 2016 models come back into the shop with problems. Except for the guy that dropped a tree on it but that was all him lol.

Latest posts

Back