When is a Jonsered a Husky an E'lux??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DGDrls

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Is this right? Jonsered and Husky are not independent
of each other? Did they get bought out by Electrolux and stripped
down to the point that the only diff' is their color.
If so, why would I want to pay more for a red saw than an orange one.

Stihls are still Stihls aren't they?

DGDrls

Stihl is independant, as they always have been. Husky and Jred have been Elux companies since about the early 80s or so. Jred tested out new ideas for Husky saws. both are superior quality machines, as are stihls.

There is a lot of info on this subject.
Have a look for yourself.
Most IPL's are availeble on internet, you can see on E-lux site what brands they use, they own more but they are sleeping I think.

Compare 2156 and 357 for ex.

Not all models have a match, but all parts are used between the brands.
This is one of the big ideas E-lux had to save costs.
They bought up all competision possible leaving only the Estern and German brands.
Partner was a strong company and would put a good fight over coustemers.
Since there is many that have preferances they keep some brands, but eventually in some time from now I think that "there will be only one"!

Mange, not if there is more profit in two...

Shared parts and tooling save lots of money, but having brands and products in different segments of the same market..."priceless" (Mastercard commerical...I can do that too)

Mange products, mange customers, mange profits, mange takk for the business..."The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" (one of the Star Trek movies)

So how do you say "thanks for the business" in Swedish. My Norwegian is really rusty anymore, not that it was much to start with.

You have a point.
If you look at the number of saws E-lux make, how many is pro saws.....

If you take a 20 hrs Partner, Jonsered or Husqvarna and run it for 2 hrs every year in the garden you are a Happy Harry!
If you would take this saw to a more demanding task as the wood pile or decide to cut down a bunch of tree's Happy Harry would not smile as much when walking past the saw sitting in the garage.

oldsaw said:
mange takk for )

So how do you say "thanks for the business" in Swedish. My Norwegian is really rusty anymore, not that it was much to start with.
"mange takk" is Norwegian......

Ha en god helg, jeg drar for å sage ved i skogen ved hytta!

Latest posts

Back