When to shut down your OWB?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So much for global warming. If you can believe the long term forecast the weather here, northern Ohio looks pretty crappy till late April. I guess I better get out there and cut some more wood.

I try to keep our OWB going until we open the windows at night and even then if I have dry oak and no bark on the wood, I'll burn even longer. I heat the water with the OWB and all that scrap wood that everyone leaves behind. Most of the time June 1st is close to the end of the OWB for me..

My smoker gives off more of a smoke smell than the OWB does. If the air smelled like Ham, I'd still be heating water...

Part of me wants to shut it down but the part of me that pays for heating oil says keep it going!

Used up the last few pieces of wood in my fireplace this past Saturday. I have a good 1.5 years out back but it's time. I would rather save it for next year since I'm a scrounger living in the city and can't guarantee I'll find more wood for the future. I'm already missing it....but I always look forward to the fall :)

Latest posts

Back