Where can I find a case to fit a Homelite Super XL?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyler-James

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Recently acquired three Homelite Super XL's, all of which run and one of which had the original bar and scabbard. Swapped parts between them and have one good looking, high compression saw. Plan to use this as my go-to saw when necessary. So, I've got a good saw with spare parts.

The downside: I can't find any hardware store or small engine business within 50 miles of me that sells a case to fit it (I've looked). Nearly every case I did find was the Echo / Jonsered square-looking box, one of which I have for my Power Machinery saw, and due to the size of the handlebar on the SXL, the saw is too wide. I don't want it moving around in the back of my truck, so my current fix is a small crate I found. I just need to cut a hole to let the bar fit through.

Any idea on a seller that makes a case large enough to fit an SXL?

0318161031.jpg 0318161032.jpg 0318161032a.jpg

First one is too small, notice 2 latches to hold it shut.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Homelite-XL...899260?hash=item3abf8ea2fc:g:un8AAOSwxp9W6MoK

Second one is similar to one I have that my Big Red SXL fits in very nicely. Notice it has 4 latches. I had to put a rod in through the hinge area to repair the lid. The blow molding did not stand up to the years of use since it was made. No big deal, just drilled a 3/8" hole and slid the rod in.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Hom...244064?hash=item5b21bfd560:g:LUYAAOSwYlJW31an

I don't know of a new one being produced that would work.

Well, for the time, cut a quick hole and there we go. I've got some scrap pallet wood, so I'll probably build a box at a later date so I can keep some of the spare parts with it, but will keep the eyes open for what might come up. HarleyT, if you decide to throw that on the bay, I'll probably be the guy to end up getting it off ya.

0318161311.jpg

I have a case for a 330, I might pop it on e-bay, I'd start it at $9.99.....

I've got a Homelite case that my 330 was in but I no longer have the 330. Seemed like it was plenty big inside for that 330 as well. I was supposed to hold on to it for somebody but that's been years ago I think.

When I got my XL500 in 2001, they were still available on the open market, and I got one, and keep my old guy in it. I'm a big fan of keeping my saws in a case. Yes, they take up a LOT more room, but it's like keeping a car in the garage...it's just gonna last better and longer if its out of the elements.

Yeah, I know this doesn't help the OP, but maybe suggesting that he buy a Stihl case MIGHT help! I'm certain your saw will fit well...if you can get around the orange!!! Or...you can dye it if you have a big enough vat...

Still in the market for a Homelite 330 case. Anyone interested in selling, just send me a pm. Tried a Stihl case a while back, but it was the PowerBox style that Echo and others use. If I find another Stihl case that does work, I'll post back here in case Anyone else had interest.

Latest posts

Back