Where can I find Stihl to Echo guide bar adapter?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Den

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I'm going to install a 36" Stihl Rollomatic guide bar on my Echo CS-8000.
I read somewhere that this can be done without dremeling anything or modifying oil holes, etc.
Anyone know where I can purchase the spacer/adapter to accomplish this?

I have made my own to put Stihl bar on Husqvarna saws. Use a metal strip about 1mm thick and as wide as the bar thickness . Bend it around the studs to make an S shape. Maybe 1mm x 3mm? Or a piece of the flat silver solder brazing rod. You just want to take up the gap between the studs and the bar opening.

I’m running the one from sawsuppliers and it’s been a big improvement so far. It fits nicely in the bar slot and I have no issues oiling.

Thanks to everybody for the great advice.
I would normally just use an Echo bar on an Echo saw, but the Echo stuff is so expensive most of the time, it's got me searching for alternatives... and at this point Stihl bars fit the bill.

I bought an adapter from AS member @Homelite410 that looks almost identical to the one mentioned above from sawsuppliers.com.

In my experience using the adapter the oil holes on a stock 3003 Stihl bar lined up perfectly on the CS-590 with no modifications. I'm using the adapter with a Stihl 3003 3/8" pitch 20" bar with 72 DL .050 gauge chain.

To see some photos of the adapter on my saw posted in an old thread click below:
https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/echo-620p.341411/#post-7266486

Latest posts

Back