Where can i get 9t sprockets?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sawdustmaker

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
My sources for other chainsaw stuff don't have 'em?

I want standard spline .375 9t, .325 9t,10t
Small spline .375 8t, .325 9t maybe bigger if ya got 'em

i know this was mentioned somewhere but couldn't find it...where do you get these modified sprckets, esp. that .325 9t???

I am doing some research (not cutting wood in anyway) but i do need one of these aftermarket large sprockets tp create one of the parts here...

I picked up a standard spline .325 9t at my local dealer a couple of years ago. I don't imagine it is a standard stocked item, but they should be able to get one for you along with some of the others your wanting.

Not trying to thread hijack but I have a 5100 with .325 chain and I wanted to go up to an 8 tooth sprocket from the standard 7 tooth and all I have heard is that it will not clear the wood chips (chain speed is too fast) with .325 teeth being already closer together than 3/8. I cut mostly 12" of less with the 5100 and thought the 8 tooth might be a little faster or FUN! Whats your opinion on chip clearing with full comp .325 chain on my 66DL 16" bar. I have a makita 6400 muffler modded 20" bar for larger stuff.

Bailey's and Madsen's both carry the .325 x 9t sprockets; just be sure you specify your saw and whether its large or small spline. I have several of them.

Not trying to thread hijack but I have a 5100 with .325 chain and I wanted to go up to an 8 tooth sprocket from the standard 7 tooth and all I have heard is that it will not clear the wood chips (chain speed is too fast) with .325 teeth being already closer together than 3/8. I cut mostly 12" of less with the 5100 and thought the 8 tooth might be a little faster or FUN! Whats your opinion on chip clearing with full comp .325 chain on my 66DL 16" bar. I have a makita 6400 muffler modded 20" bar for larger stuff.

I am running .325/8 tooth setups on both my modifed 5100 and 5000 Redmax with no issues. Was cutting 24 in spruce today.

i know this was mentioned somewhere but couldn't find it...where do you get these modified sprckets, esp. that .325 9t??? ....

That is a standard size (in large 7-spline), recommended in the MS361 manual, so it should be availiable trough any Stihl dealer, but it may not be in stock, as most people surely will prefere 3/8"x7 or x8.

It is also in the Oregon catalog.

I can't imagine that beeing an issue in 12" wood. :givebeer:

Back