Where has all the business gone?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
around here I haven't seen many mexican tree workers until last week. I was dumping and noticed a whole mexican asplundh crew pulling up... shame shame shame. I don't know how it is down south are there many mexican tree crews? Before long its going to be like every other trade they will take over.

What is the difference between an illegal immigrant working in the US, and an illegal, under-the-table, non-insured, illegitimate tree service?

One at least is here legally and at least someone in his family pays tax. Also volume 20 million illegal aliens how many or the other? Be honest , are you profiting off them or what?

Last edited:
Be honest , are you profiting off them or what?

I do not employ any Hispanics at this time. I do not employ any illegal immigrants- period. I pay all insurances, taxes, workmans comp., etc.. I run a 100% legal and Legitimate company. I see no difference between illegal businesses and illegal immigrants.

i see a difference.

I do not employ any Hispanics at this time. I do not employ any illegal immigrants- period. I pay all insurances, taxes, workmans comp., etc.. I run a 100% legal and Legitimate company. I see no difference between illegal businesses and illegal immigrants.

illegal businesses still spend all their money in the local economy.illegal immigrants spend as little as possible here and send most of it back to were they came from.

illegal businesses still spend all their money in the local economy.illegal immigrants spend as little as possible here and send most of it back to were they came from.

Illegal business practices is what has and is putting our industry in the dumps. I find it amazing that anyone with a chainsaw can be a ""tree-cutter."" Low bid wins...right. BTW, I find that the general public many times do not regard tree services/tree care providers as a professional industry. By some we are viewed as just hacks running around in a truck with a chain saw looking for tonight's beer money.

At least one is legal to be in our country,I am glad you don't hire them it sounded as if you were jumping on their bandwaggon.

again ,i disagree.

Illegal business practices is what has and is putting our industry in the dumps. I find it amazing that anyone with a chainsaw can be a ""tree-cutter."" Low bid wins...right. BTW, I find that the general public many times do not regard tree services/tree care providers as a professional industry. By some we are viewed as just hacks running around in a truck with a chain saw looking for tonight's beer money.

our greedy crooked politicians,greedy employers and utility companies,drugs & alcohol ,welfare brats,the liberals,and illegal immigrants are causing people to try and earn some money to put food on the table,gas in the tank,and wood in the stove.

you don't seem at all concerned about the illegal political and business practices our elected a$$holes take part in!

i'll take the pickup and saw guys any day over the others.

Last edited:
our greedy crooked politicians,greedy employers and utility companies,drugs & alcohol ,welfare brats,the liberals,and illegal immigrants are causing people to try and earn some money to put food on the table,gas in the tank,and wood in the stove.

you don't seem at all concerned about the illegal political and business practices our elected a$$holes take part in!

Ill second that all, especially the LIBERALS. The liberals are at fault for everything that is wrong with this country, Schools, Welfare, Courts and now they are going to destroy our healthcare.

Ill second that all, especially the LIBERALS. The liberals are at fault for everything that is wrong with this country, Schools, Welfare, Courts and now they are going to destroy our healthcare.

They destroyed the sanctity of our neighborhoods as well by not standing up for our police and allowing free reign of drug dealers. They also have, in the last year, allowed SECTION EIGHT vouchers to be used anywhere bringing violent crime and degradation into hard working towns and villages. (be happy to elaborate if anyone doesn't know what I mean).

At least one is legal to be in our country,I am glad you don't hire them it sounded as if you were jumping on their bandwaggon.

I will hire anyone who is a legal citizen of this country, who is drug free, and is a hard worker. It does not matter to me their race, creed, or religion.

Why not just say they are both wrong. Why do you side with those who do not operate a legal business in the tree care industry. Are you one of them? Do you hire employees and pay them under the table? Are you paying workman's comp? Do you carry liability insurance? Do you meet OSHA and ANSI safety regulations?

I see some of these videos and pictures of "tree guys" on the Internet with no PPE. I have a good notion to forward their videos and pictures to OSHA. As you can see, I'm a little tired of the illegitimate practices of those in our industry. How unprofessional can we be?

I have been in business for forty years and operate kosher in every way. But that being said, most ops begin in shades of legitimacy and work themselves into conformity (likely, truth be told, so did you Board). Not wanting to stand up for hacks and fly by nights but they are head and shoulders above illegal aliens imo.

Why not just say they are both wrong. Why do you side with those who do not operate a legal business in the tree care industry. Are you one of them? Do you hire employees and pay them under the table? Are you paying workman's comp? Do you carry liability insurance? Do you meet OSHA and ANSI safety regulations?

I see some of these videos and pictures of "tree guys" on the Internet with no PPE. I have a good notion to forward their videos and pictures to OSHA. As you can see, I'm a little tired of the illegitimate practices of those in our industry. How unprofessional can we be?

i am insured and a registered business.i hire NO employees! i ain't payin' no one to ruin my equipment,argue with me,yak on the cell phone,not show up,etc.i work with other companies and we just split the job.it's alot easier and they have as much to gain or lose as me.works like a charm for me.

i wear ear protection and prescription glasses,and my climbing gear.sometimes i wear a ball cap to keep the sun out of my eyes.that's my PPE.you don't like it,don't work with me.i'll be in the tree getting it down while your unfolding your chaps and putting in your nose plugs.

i can send you a picture of me running the 372 in shorts and tennis shoes.you can send it in to OSHA when you tattle on me.

OSHA and ANSI don't pay my bills.

i'm a little tired of folks that got too much time on their hands to worry about what i'm doing.mind your own damn business and you might have some.

that is one of the principles this country was founded on.you'reone of the reasons this country is going to hell.

that's what i am saying.

I have been in business for forty years and operate kosher in every way. But that being said, most ops begin in shades of legitimacy and work themselves into conformity (likely, truth be told, so did you Board). Not wanting to stand up for hacks and fly by nights but they are head and shoulders above illegal aliens imo.

we all started there unless we were born rich or won the lottery.

i am insured and a registered business.i hire NO employees! i ain't payin' no one to ruin my equipment,argue with me,yak on the cell phone,not show up,etc.i work with other companies and we just split the job.it's alot easier and they have as much to gain or lose as me.works like a charm for me.

i wear ear protection and prescription glasses,and my climbing gear.sometimes i wear a ball cap to keep the sun out of my eyes.that's my PPE.you don't like it,don't work with me.i'll be in the tree getting it down while your unfolding your chaps and putting in your nose plugs.

i can send you a picture of me running the 372 in shorts and tennis shoes.you can send it in to OSHA when you tattle on me.

OSHA and ANSI don't pay my bills.

Sure- send the pictures. Include your name, address, and phone number. We will use this as a test run and see if OSHA well inforce their rules. They have told me that they can fine just from a picture.

Years ago I stepped in and ran a competitor's company for a couple of weeks as the owner was getting over his chainsaw injury. He was wearing tennis shoes and cut the four bones across the top of his foot in half. He was not a happy camper.

Safety always pays!

i'm a little tired of folks that got too much time on their hands to worry about what i'm doing.mind your own damn business and you might have some.

that is one of the principles this country was founded on.you'reone of the reasons this country is going to hell.

I am concerned what you and others do in our industry. You are a reflection of our industry either good or bad. What you do has the potential to affect others around you. I'm a little tired of hearing about the workers in the tree care industry getting killed or seriously injured. I happen to care, and don't want it to happen to you or any others.

If you think this country is going to hell because I believe that OSHA and ANSI Z-133.1 safety standards are good standards to follow...you are misguided.

Back