Where is Thall

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dude, that goat is gonna kick you in the nads if you don't watch it--on second consideration, that's not a problem in your case. :msp_biggrin:

Yeah I did. I really like the Martin. I doubt it sounds as good as your 40 yr ole though. I've bee told they sound better as the wood ages.

Are you getting the hang of them guitars yet? I can strum fairly well but picking out notes up and down the fret board is like driving a car in the dark without the lights on, its tuff!!!

Nice, Martin guitars are real nice $$$ though. I'm getting ok at strumming and changing chords now, working on picking too, I'm ok at it considering, I've only been playing 5 months now though. Here is a pic of my beauty!

No its not the pink one!! LOL, that's my 7year old daughter's.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Not bad shape for almost 40 years old eh! Rosewood back and sides, spruce top.

Hahaha, how ya doing Space. Long time no see and guess what I'm glad I haven't seen you around,LOLOLOLOLOL Naaaaaaaa I'm kidding, hope ya been doing good. Hey what this I hear a squirrel ran up your leg looking for winter nuts and later starved to death,LOL

Well we know from the squirrel you tant got the balls to even attempt guitar,:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Dang that was freaking funny, laughed my arse off!! I miss ya around here Tom.

Dude, that goat is gonna kick you in the nads if you don't watch it--on second consideration, that's not a problem in your case. :msp_biggrin:

Hush up you, your interupting a new song I just wrote. Whats the title ya say, well if ya gotta know, its called My Boi-tch Tant Got No Balls" hehehe

Nice, Martin guitars are real nice $$$ though. I'm getting ok at strumming and changing chords now, working on picking too, I'm ok at it considering, I've only been playing 5 months now though. Here is a pic of my beauty!

No its not the pink one!! LOL, that's my 7year old daughter's.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Not bad shape for almost 40 years old eh! Rosewood back and sides, spruce top.

Dang that was freaking funny, laughed my arse off!! I miss ya around here Tom.

Wow that guitar is in awesome shape, man thats been well taken care of. You stole that baby, good on you.

If ya need some titles for songs I got a few for ya, like "I Call My Space MR Gulp", "He Aint Heavy He's My Boi-tch" and my soon to be number one hit " Iron My Clothes and Take My Loads":hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Hush now tommy, the grownups are trying to talk. Don't you have some chains to sharpen? :hmm3grin2orange:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: matter of fact I got a ton of them at the shop, they can wait and wait and wait and wait, yup sell alot of chains, hehe

Wow that guitar is in awesome shape, man thats been well taken care of. You stole that baby, good on you.

If ya need some titles for songs I got a few for ya, like "I Call My Space MR Gulp", "He Aint Heavy He's My Boi-tch" and my soon to be number one hit " Iron My Clothes and Take My Loads":hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Thanks! I love it. Sounds amazing.

Dang those songs are going to be a hit.

I'll be willing to bet the Husky guy sharpens chains without lolly####ing around. :)

They can have at it, sharpening chains is like watching grass grow, boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guy came in today and asked if his chains were ready, I said man can't you see I'm watching YouTube, hell no they aint ready, buy a new one, go away,hahaha

url] (Small).jpg (27.4 KB)

Here's my new one Parris.

SWEET! I got an electric as well, but never touch it. I find that you must play the electric so much cleaner to sound any good.

What model is that? Love it. My instructor has an amazing old 1981 Gibson 335.

The one tip I can give about playing lead solo's (picking) play the same thing over and over and over, about a million times over.

SWEET! I got an electric as well, but never touch it. I find that you must play the electric so much cleaner to sound any good.

What model is that? Love it. My instructor has an amazing old 1981 Gibson 335.

The one tip I can give about playing lead solo's (picking) play the same thing over and over and over, about a million times over.

Same here, I play the Martin way more than either electric I have. The acoustic is alot more forgiving to me. The electrics really tell on you if you make a mistake.

That one is Gibson ES137 Custom. They build those down in Memphis supposely by hand. Most Gibsons are built in Nashville but the customs are in Memphis. The main reason I bought it is because I like blue,LOL, funny but true. It set me back over a few grand but I figure what the hell, ya only live once. I got my heart set on one more Martin, a smaller one like a D18. The D28 is large and kinda hard to handle in my recliner. The D18 with the smaller body will be perfect when I write more songs about my bestest freind Space, that ole gutter slut of mine,hehehe

Same here, I play the Martin way more than either electric I have. The acoustic is alot more forgiving to me. The electrics really tell on you if you make a mistake.

That one is Gibson ES137 Custom. They build those down in Memphis supposely by hand. Most Gibsons are built in Nashville but the customs are in Memphis. The main reason I bought it is because I like blue,LOL, funny but true. It set me back over a few grand but I figure what the hell, ya only live once. I got my heart set on one more Martin, a smaller one like a D18. The D28 is large and kinda hard to handle in my recliner. The D18 with the smaller body will be perfect when I write more songs about my bestest freind Space, that ole gutter slut of mine,hehehe

Cool. I like the sound of the full size Dread though. What kind of music you play? Country? Bluegrass? I like most anything acoustic, blues especially though.

Last time I talked to him he was very busy trying to get a tune out of his guitar, but his music skills are reportedly somewhat lacking :hmm3grin2orange:

He also told me he's sufforing a bit from AS burnout syndrome....many stories have indeed been told over and over... guess we need another few bomb threads to tickle his fancy.:msp_wink:

That passage when Love me tender changes chords from G-B7-Em-G7-C-Cm can be tough. need to have an almost mechanical sensibility to translate it effectively:msp_smile:.

Cool. I like the sound of the full size Dread though. What kind of music you play? Country? Bluegrass? I like most anything acoustic, blues especially though.

I play sounds man, thats about it. I've learned enough chords to put them together and actually sound like I'm playing something, I keep it rolling. I did learn how to play Johnny Cash's Hurt song fairly well. Its only a few chords and the key is in the picking hand. Neat little song but kinda moody, not the type that would brighten anyone's day for sure. I also got Danny Boy down fairly well note by note. I do that on the electric. Its such a slow tune its fairly easy to sound decent doing it. I also pick out Amazing Grace note by note and it too is fairly easy and slow. I've yet to work my way up the neck very far. I tend to stay on the first four frets. Barre chords are still a no no for me but I try. I find it challenging and kinda fun..

That passage when Love me tender changes chords from G-B7-Em-G7-C-Cm can be tough. need to have an almost mechanical sensibility to translate it effectively:msp_smile:.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I'm off to my recliner to give them a try, thanks!!!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I'm off to my recliner to give them a try, thanks!!!

Tune is in G, at least as I arranged it for personal enjoyment and occasional performance..... Verse: G/a7/D7...then proceed to the crap i poasted before.

Funny to hear you sporting a Gib. Always reckoned the Martin to be the Stihl of the gitfiddle genre. Personally a Guild D50nt man (20 years) but pull our the Gib J200 for good bassthumpen raggen shi'kicken.

Sold the Martin D28 and D35. Good instruments, just not me, If you been playing any time at all you;ll understand why I kept the Guild but sold the Martins.

I play sounds man, thats about it. I've learned enough chords to put them together and actually sound like I'm playing something, I keep it rolling. I did learn how to play Johnny Cash's Hurt song fairly well. Its only a few chords and the key is in the picking hand. Neat little song but kinda moody, not the type that would brighten anyone's day for sure. I also got Danny Boy down fairly well note by note. I do that on the electric. Its such a slow tune its fairly easy to sound decent doing it. I also pick out Amazing Grace note by note and it too is fairly easy and slow. I've yet to work my way up the neck very far. I tend to stay on the first four frets. Barre chords are still a no no for me but I try. I find it challenging and kinda fun..

Ya, I've tried barre chords once, not easy for a beginner.

Back