Where to find an 026 3/8 Sprocket?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sportfury70

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Long story short, I picked up a very nice 026 for very short money. The seller had a brand new bar and chain on it, so I told him to keep it and knock the price down thinking I had plenty of bars in the garage. Well it turns out the 026 has a .325 sprocket on it, and all my spare bars are 3/8.

I’ve used sawagain before for parts and found one on there, but shipping is a bit outrageous for a tiny $5 part. Any body got a line on a place that won’t charge me 3x the price just for shipping?

I could have sworn I read here that a 3/8 small spline sprocket is not available from Stihl. I’d love to be wrong, it’s definitely been a long week. I’ve looked for a part number but no bueno, all I see are the .325 ones.

Got a part number that I can give to the dealer for them order in? That would make my day!

Well there are two of them heading your way. I personally handed them to our fine mail lady today. I was heading out to cut today and put them in the box when she drove by with the mail. Thankfully being on a dead end gravel road has it's advantages. I stood in the middle of the road until she came back up and gave them to her.

Bill thank you! Man I love this place! You’ve made a new friend, and if you find your self near Buffalo or Southern NH let me know, well cut some wood and crack a beer!

Bill thank you! Man I love this place! You’ve made a new friend, and if you find your self near Buffalo or Southern NH let me know, well cut some wood and crack a beer!
The wood cutting would be great but I would pass on the beer. I stick to soda these days......1535 days to be exact

Latest posts

Back