Where to get a chain...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Southern Boy

Southern Boy

ArboristSite Lurker
I'm still trying to get all of my parts rounded up for my saw and am trying to locate a good chain for milling and ripping up logs. I've read were a lot of you guys recommend Granberg. I hope I'm not :deadhorse: here, but you guys are the best source of info. I've called all my local shops and the only thing I can get locally is a chisel chain. Point me in the right direction and what should I expect to pay? Remember, I'm just starting and and don't have to have the very best...yet.

Thanks!

hautions11

hautions11

ArboristSite Operative
Chain

I use Bailey's ripping chain and have had good luck, .22 per link makes a 28" loop for $18 ish. Hit he Bailey's link above and look for milling chain on their sight.

VT-Woodchuck

VT-Woodchuck

ArboristSite Operative
Granberg chain

Just had one delivered today. 3/8, .050 for 36 inch bar - $62.00. I do have several from Bailey's so I will be able to compare. Have fun with this addiction!:hmm3grin2orange:

NWCS

Addicted to ArboristSite
how big of a loop are you looking to get? i have 105dl of 3/8 x .050 ripping chain that i would sell cheap. has made 2 test cuts, has not been touched with a file.

Latest posts