Where to get a piston for a 262xp?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Banshee

Banshee

Addicted to ArboristSite
Good news! I'm getting a new to me 262xp. It's in great shape, but needs a new top end including the piston. I just hope I don't need a new cylinder.

Bad news is I'll have around 450 dollars in this thing, unless I can find a piston for cheaper. I think the stock piston runs 100 dollars.

I checked out the Bailey's piston for 30, but is it any good? If not I rather just spend the money on the stock.

Or does anyone have a good piston they will let go for cheap?

I can't wait until it's done and ready to go. The 262xp has been a dream saw for me from almost the begining of my CAD. And this one is going to be muffler modded, cylinder ported, and timing advanced. Along with a new top end and the rest of it is in great shape. The down side it all that's going to cost me.

Farley9n

Farley9n

ArboristSite Guru
Bailey's

I have used two of the Bailey's pistons and a complete cylinder set. So far no problems! I can't say for certain that the piston that comes with the cylinder set is the same one you would get if ordering just a piston but both seemed to be a good quality aluminum. The cylinder set was from Star Gray. The ports were somewhat rough but smoothed out well with a bit of grinding. I am quite pleased with the way all three saws have turned out.
I can post pictures if you like......Bob

Latest posts