Where to get supplies for firewood bundle sale

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gslam88

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I just walked into a local gas station and did a sales call for landscape services.... however while talking to them we talked about firewood. My question is does anyone know of information on where to get the plastic wrap and handle for the fire bundles?

They sell 60 or 70 maybe weekly thru this local gas station, I am sure others are similar.. so I figure why not sell them the bundles.. I have wood, just no plastic shrink wrap supplices.

Any one do anything like that on here??

Pete

Call a local industrial supply dealer. You want "shrink wrap" The stuff comes in rolls. Bigger is cheaper per pound. You could staple a rope or a piece of plastic strapping to make handle on the bundle .

We do that, just be ready, because it's really not worth doing unless you do it somewhat large scale... I guess if you already have business with them you have all you insurances in line.. That's enough to shy a lot of people from it.. Only thing you may have to add is product liability.. Like he said, an industrial packaging firm can get you the right stuff, just shop around in your area. I can get a decent price when I buy 72,000 sheets of plastic...

You might look for a sheltered/handicapped workshop in your area. Tell them what you want to do and see if there's any interest. You may both benefit.
Phil

We bought a roll of shrink wrap last year to cover a cedar chest we brought to my sister in law in PA. We transported on the hitch haul on the back over our jeep so I wanted to protect it in case we ran into bad weather. We got it from a local building supply store. I would guess most any building supply store will carry it. It worked really well. My dad uses it to wrap camp wood bundles for my aunts store.

We used to purchase the small 8 inch rolls of plastic wrap with built in cardboard handles from Menards....about 6.00 each for 300 ft or so and simply wrap the bundles tight. Inexpensive and worked fine as long as you wrap them as I mentioned, tight.

I use grain bags I fill it 1/2 full I get the bags from a seed cleaning plant close to me, he gives me all the bags when a customer orders way to many, and this way the camping person has a neat clean storage bag for there wood or garbage.......

I use grain bags I fill it 1/2 full I get the bags from a seed cleaning plant close to me, he gives me all the bags when a customer orders way to many, and this way the camping person has a neat clean storage bag for there wood or garbage.......

Get on ram splitter web site get there phone number talk to doug he will help you

firewood insurance?

We do that, just be ready, because it's really not worth doing unless you do it somewhat large scale... I guess if you already have business with them you have all you insurances in line.. That's enough to shy a lot of people from it.. Only thing you may have to add is product liability.. Like he said, an industrial packaging firm can get you the right stuff, just shop around in your area. I can get a decent price when I buy 72,000 sheets of plastic...

--you mean like people may sue you because their firewood bundle...like what, 'sploded on them or something? What's the liability insurance for?

Ya, I know you can get sued for most anything, but does this happen, firewood sellers getting sued because of defective or dangerous firewood, or what?

Back