Where to get the GB forestry bar "ex20-50mg" or 50Lg in the states

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Efisher26

Tinkerer
Reaction score
I've looked on left coast but they don't have any D176 mount or GB "EX" mount as GB states on their site as the same. Any ideas?

-•------------------------------------------------------------

Just a home owner that likes the older better made machines

Craftsman 3.7
Echo 290evl

What's the differences? Do you know? Spacers needed?

Craftsman 3.7
Echo 290evl

Do I ask him? Or will he see this post?

-Efisher26-
Putting the @ before his name will gove him an alert the next time hes on. Hes been on recently, and is with left coast supply, you could prob check their website as well, though thats interesting aboit the d009 bar working.

What's the differences? Do you know? Spacers needed?

Craftsman 3.7
Echo 290evl
I've seen posts on here of people making a spacer out of a short piece of old recoil spring.

I tried that and it popped out so I haven't been using a spacer.

The slot on the d009 is a little wider than the d176, the spacer helps take up the slack. If you don't use a spacer the bar can wiggle up and down some.

I will probably try making another spacer before I use it again. I don't cut much with it so haven't worried about it too much.

I've seen posts on here of people making a spacer out of a short piece of old recoil spring.

I tried that and it popped out so I haven't been using a spacer.

The slot on the d009 is a little wider than the d176, the spacer helps take up the slack. If you don't use a spacer the bar can wiggle up and down some.
Yes. I think it was one of the fellows from Iowa. I think it was a screen door spring from the hardware store?

Nailed it, D009 on the 3.7. Just have to get a chain. Anyone know the chain link difference. It's a little longer then the 18in 66link bar...68 maybe?
7b375a63dc208c4424772f5e387b3480.jpg

Craftsman 3.7 x2
Husqvarna 36

Back