Where to purchase Dolmar 5100S

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikey von

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am looking to buy my first saw. I have used saws that were borrowed, but I still consider myself a rookie. I will be doing mostly firewood cutting (4-8 cords a year) plus clearing on my 10+ acres. I may also sell some firewood since I have lots of time in the summer. We have a mix of oak, cedar, firs, and pines. I have many friends that are loggers or have been cutting for years that are showing me the ropes and teaching me how to be safe.

I was thinking about a husky 353 or a dolmar 5100s. After reading for hours here, I think I will go with the dolmar. We have a husky/stihl dealer in town, but I refuse to give them my business, as do many of my friends. The nearest dolmar dealer is 160 miles from me.

The best price I have found is from these guys:

Has anyone dealt with them? $355 seems like a good price. link removed

I have also been thinking about going with some of the sponsors here.

Where would you buy this saw if you were me? What else should I get with it? I definitely want some chaps and a helmet. What about extra chains? Tune-up tools?

Thanks,
Michael

Last edited by a moderator:
Arboristsite sponsors Bailey's and Amickssuperstore.com both sell Dolmar and I'm sure they'd be able to set you up at a fair price. There are also other sponsor- and non-sponsor AS members who sell Dolmar.

Grab some protective gear, a couple extra loops of chain, and some sharpening gear, and you'll be good to go.

Mikey von said:
Hello all,

I am looking to buy my first saw. I have used saws that were borrowed, but I still consider myself a rookie. I will be doing mostly firewood cutting (4-8 cords a year) plus clearing on my 10+ acres. I may also sell some firewood since I have lots of time in the summer. We have a mix of oak, cedar, firs, and pines. I have many friends that are loggers or have been cutting for years that are showing me the ropes and teaching me how to be safe.

I was thinking about a husky 353 or a dolmar 5100s. After reading for hours here, I think I will go with the dolmar. We have a husky/stihl dealer in town, but I refuse to give them my business, as do many of my friends. The nearest dolmar dealer is 160 miles from me.

The best price I have found is from these guys:link removed

Has anyone dealt with them? $355 seems like a good price.

I have also been thinking about going with some of the sponsors here.

Where would you buy this saw if you were me? What else should I get with it? I definitely want some chaps and a helmet. What about extra chains? Tune-up tools?

Thanks,
Michael

That is as good of a price as I have seen for that Dolmar. I bought my PS5100s from Amick's when they had them on sale and removed beat the sale price by a few dollars. I would have liked to have patronized my local dealer but they wanted the list price.

That said, I am happy with my saw and my transaction with Uwharrie (Amick's front person on this site). I posted my impressions previously. To see them, look below or use the link: http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=36921

I have had no dealings with removedand have no comment on their customer service. A possible benefit for dealing with a site sponsor is that you may have a more receptive audience if problems arise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the replies. I did not know and cannot find Dolmar on Bailey's site. Got a link?

I would like to support a sponser here as everyone here seems great. It would be nice to hopefully get that extra bit of help if I needed it also. I will check out Amick's site also.

Mikey von said:
Thanks for the replies. I did not know and cannot find Dolmar on Bailey's site. Got a link?

Drop GrandeDog a note when he gets back in the office. They do sell them, they just don't have anything on the website about it. There was a post about this a while back, if I recall.

It would be great to get a dealer here, but I will not hold my breath as we are a small town of only 3000 people.

I feel confident that I will be able to learn how to work on my saw, as I work on my truck (diesel) and my car. I also have done some work on my wood splitter. I am semi-mechanically inclined and with the help of all of you, hopefully that will improve.

Mikey von said:
I would like to support a sponser here as everyone here seems great. It would be nice to hopefully get that extra bit of help if I needed it also. I will check out Amick's site also.

There ya go! They will appreciate it.

Edits

For questions on the edits please read Rule #1

Advertising of any kind is not permitted at this site unless you are a sponsor. If you are interested in becoming a sponsor, click here. This includes mentioning manufacturers, dealers, etc… in the forums or through ArboristSite.com e-mail or private messaging. You are also not permitted to include phone numbers addresses, fax numbers, e-mail addresses, or web addresses or links in your posts, e-mail, private messages or signature lines unless you are a sponsor. You are not permitted to mention you are a dealer, unless you are a sponsor.

trimmmed said:
This includes mentioning manufacturers, dealers, etc… in the forums or through ArboristSite.com e-mail or private messaging.

No mentioning manufacturers? Wow, never would have figured THAT was impermissible.

Anyway, that should put a quick end to the tedious STIHL versus HUSQVARNA threads right quick!

Wow??

Wow again, my whole post dissappeared here. All I said was it was a good buy. No mention of dealer names or anything. Why pull the post agreeing on a good price?

trimmmed said:
For questions on the edits please read Rule #1

Advertising of any kind is not permitted at this site unless you are a sponsor. If you are interested in becoming a sponsor, click here. This includes mentioning manufacturers, dealers, etc… in the forums or through ArboristSite.com e-mail or private messaging. You are also not permitted to include phone numbers addresses, fax numbers, e-mail addresses, or web addresses or links in your posts, e-mail, private messages or signature lines unless you are a sponsor. You are not permitted to mention you are a dealer, unless you are a sponsor.
Are you saying we cant mention the saws names anymore. Like Dolmar, Husqvarna, Stihl, Partner, Poulan, Echo, etc,etc,? Is that what you mean by NO MENTIONING MANUFACTURERS??? I am CORN-fused. Please clear the muddy water.
Are we suppose to say i am working on this yellow saw 600 and I want to buy a red saw 460? Please clear this up.

scrench said:
That is as good of a price as I have seen for that Dolmar. I bought my PS5100s from Amick's when they had them on sale and removed beat the sale price by a few dollars. I would have liked to have patronized my local dealer but they wanted the list price.

That said, I am happy with my saw and my transaction with Uwharrie (Amick's front person on this site). I posted my impressions previously. To see them, look below or use the link: http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=36921

I have had no dealings with removedand have no comment on their customer service. A possible benefit for dealing with a site sponsor is that you may have a more receptive audience if problems arise.

My apologies for over-stepping the forum rules.

:censored:

:ices_rofl:
Cut4fun said:
Are you saying we cant mention the saws names anymore. Like Dolmar, Husqvarna, Stihl, Partner, Poulan, Echo, etc,etc,? Is that what you mean by NO MENTIONING MANUFACTURERS??? I am CORN-fused. Please clear the muddy water.
Are we suppose to say i am working on this yellow saw 600 and I want to buy a red saw 460? Please clear this up.

:ices_rofl:
Hey cut4fun, what do you think of those white chainsaw bars? Are they good?

Someone's going to have to get pretty creative on how we're going to talk about chain.

Cut4fun said:

No, not saying you can't mention manufacturers. You cannot mention them in a spam context, i.e. looking for a sale. This includes mentioning manufacturers, dealers, etc The editing was about mentioning dealers and also You are not permitted to mention you are a dealer, unless you are a sponsor.

Hopefully that's clearer

5100s

I bought mine from Amick's and am very happy with it. It's a great saw!:chainsaw:

I remember last summer when this site was more laid back and much more enjoyable. Some rules on this forum are just pointless some are for good purpose! I think we should make a new rule....and it has to do with the following....I swear if one more newbie makes a post about "which saw to buy" or "opinion on this or that saw" I am going to dig out all that 911 crap again from last summer! I don't know....Maybe I'm just jealous I've been tryin' to scrape up money to snag my own 5100...luck just ain't on my side these days!:cry: Blah blah blah oh wait what was that thing sappy used to do......
brahhhahhahh???I'm not pickin on sap...he's alright...did anyone see his milling setup we all used to rag on him about? Suprised the hell out of me...saweeeet! boy sure makes a perty fence!

can't find it???

Mikey von said:

The sponsors at the top of this page have 1-800 numbers to call and ask if they have what you're looking for. If you don't call and ask you'll never know what they can get for you. They can get a lot of things not listed in their catalogs or point you to where you can get it. If you don't call and ask you'll never know. Once you make the call and order what you're after, they send a catalog along with your order if you ask them to. Not everything they can get for you is in their catalog.
You have to get over this "I'm afraid to make the call and ask" attitude. If you don't make the call and ask, you'll never know what they can get for you and you'll be missing out on a lot of good tools (toys). Just because it's not listed in the catalog doesn't mean they can't get it for you. All you have to do is make the call and ask.
So take your pointer to the top of the page and click on the sponsors ad and get the number to call and ask.

Latest posts

Back