Where to purchase new or slightly used forestry truck?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John464

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Looking for a Chevy, GMC or Ford truck (no Internationals pls) with 16' or 18' extra high body, forestry dump. Looking to get prices right now and make purchase either the end of this year or in spring (depending when I will need the write-off). I want new or something with under 50,000 miles in excellent condition. I'd like to hear from you all who I should contact and the pros and cons on what truck you recommend. Thanks

Arbortech 800.255.5715 (builds & sells)

FEVA 434.525.2929 (builds & sells)

Sunrise Equipment 800.325.9336 (sells)

Schodorf 800.288.0992 (builds & sells)

Trueco Inc. 704.739.9591 (sells)

South Eastern Equipment Co. 800.487.7089 (builds & sells) they just got some 05 Chevy 7500s off lease for $50K

FES 704.487.7245 (sells)

be wary of sunrise i had a truck built by them last year and it was a an absolute nightmare. 6 months of bs.

911crash said:
be wary of sunrise i had a truck built by them last year and it was a an absolute nightmare. 6 months of bs.

That sucks. Right now they have some units already built so maybe it will be a different story.

Koa Man said:
Why don't you like Internationals? To me they are a better truck than the Chevy and Fords.

I just don't like the local place that services them. All my other trucks are Chevys and Fords

you have to watch the gvw on a 16 or 18 footer mine is 16Lx8Wx7H @32yds truck is rated 26k but loaded its about 30k plus.(about 500 lbs. per yard of chips) definately go for the man. trans. athough the autos are convienant they lack the gearing.

911crash said:
you have to watch the gvw on a 16 or 18 footer mine is 16Lx8Wx7H @32yds truck is rated 26k but loaded its about 30k plus.(about 500 lbs. per yard of chips) definately go for the man. trans. athough the autos are convienant they lack the gearing.

good point. I would like to stay under CDL, so I am not limted to just a few of my employees whom have CDL. Im also thinking of automatic for that very reason, some can not drive stick well and a fried clutch is not a light repair bill. but, I believe the auto would eat a lot more gas per month?

Thanks for the leads Jazak...now I just need to figure out which truck is my best option.

Hey John464,
Check out treetrader.com I bought a used forestry truck from on the web site and was pleased with it and they have a ton of used and new stuff. Any thing you want related to the tree service industry they got it.

Back