Whew, man.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sly13

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Well, got laid off just before Christmas and w/ all the family gatherings and nasty weather had not turned a tap in a couple,three weeks. I had cut some rounds out of logs that I had scored a couple months earlier, so thought I'd do some splitting by hand to shake off any cobwebs and extra "padding" I had acquired in my hiatus. Didn't take long to realize how nice it is to have a hydraulic splitter. Split about a cord (little shy of it but come on). It was maple too, still had me sweating like I'd just run a marathon. It does not take long to get soft just loafing around. At least I got something accomplished and started on next years wood. Guys, it was so bad the wife looked out the door and asked if I was ok and needed a break. Nah, come on I'm good. Although about 10 min. later I sure did need a drink and a dry pair off gloves. Which takes quite a bit longer than you might think. Don't think I'll have any trouble sleeping tonight either. :lifter::cheers:

I've had just the opposite happen to me. I'm the only one left in the company that isn't laid off right now. Friday I was stripping a 75 ft long foundation by myself and our forms weigh 102 pounds a piece. I almost got done. only twenty to go monday mourning. I think I went to bed about 7 o'clock friday. Two weeks ago I poured the 23 yards of footing by myself too. Thank god the boss helped me pour the walls.

The economy goes up, it goes down. The downs are getting worse it seems. I was caught in the last one 1984 or 5? Company started January with 21 in the shop, December there were 4 of us left and I had my walking papers in my hand Dec 15.

Harry K

Latest posts

Back