Which 60cc saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe that someone posted the specs previously here that the 2260 is actually lighter. But it is a 560 clone rather than a 562 (more better IMO).

16 inch bars on 60cc saws though? :dumb2:

Yep, cutting mostly spruce approx. 24" on the stump. I like the shorter bar for balance, weight and most importantly limbing purposes. Maybe others can chime in but personally I find the shorter the bar the faster the saw cuts. For bigger stuff I do put an 18" bar on.

Yep, cutting mostly spruce approx. 24" on the stump. I like the shorter bar for balance, weight and most importantly limbing purposes. Maybe others can chime in but personally I find the shorter the bar the faster the saw cuts. For bigger stuff I do put an 18" bar on.

I usually use a 20 or a 25 on my 60cc saws. Forget balance, I do not notice or care. I dog my saws in and lever the crap out of them. For limbing I like a longer bar for the reach (less bending). I have not noticed that a shorter bar cuts any faster... except when the longer bars are in full length. With a 25 bar I can cut a 2 footer from one side, which I much prefer doing.

So where are you guys finding all the cheap jonsereds? I am back in the market for a new saw and I like red and black as well as orange.
If you could let me know that would be great. Thanks, Russ

So where are you guys finding all the cheap jonsereds? I am back in the market for a new saw and I like red and black as well as orange.
Left coast has some on a great sale if the have any left

MountainHigh that works out about the same as I paid here in Nova Scotia, Canada for my 2260 last week. That is once I factored in our weak Canadian dollar.

MountainHigh that works out about the same as I paid here in Nova Scotia, Canada for my 2260 last week. That is once I factored in our weak Canadian dollar.

I have been quoted:surprised3: $939 CDN which is a far cry from $800 CDN taking into account the US/575 to CDN conversion at this time.

Anyone know anything about a redmax g561avs? I have a chance to get one from someone I know for $200 and it is barely used. I figured for $200 it could be a good backup saw or one for a helper to use while I have the 562.

They are hiding here in plain sight. Right here at the top of the ArnoristSite forum page, click on LEFT COAST SUPPLIES. They are an advertiser here. They are also now a Jred dealer. They have a full line of Jred saws, not just these two. The two sale saws are on the front of their web site. Their web site says that they have 3 left of each in stock.

Oh, and for the OP, there is a new re-designed 60cc MS362 C-M saw coming out right now from Stihl. It should be the MS363, but they are leaving it at 362. It is coming out with the new MS261 C-M. Both are lighter, snazzier, have a tad more power, and well, I am sure there will be many arguments here on AS about which one is better, the 362 type I or the 362 type II. They are being made in Virgina Beach, right here in the USA. They should hit the shelves when the current stock of 261/362 saws runs out.

new 362 type II.jpg
The new MS362 type II photo -lifted from der German Stihl web site. An E bar though? Really?

A waaaaaaay different looking saw.

4 years with a 562 here and no problems with the oil pump or any issues at all.

how many tanks in 4 years? lol just kidding don couldn't resist. something to add is i have had many chain throws with mine and the pump seems to be working fine. it drains the tank to a tank of fuel and doesn't leak any oil at all when sitting. i would think a chain throw is what will do the pump in if anything.

Oh, and for the OP, there is a new re-designed 60cc MS362 C-M saw coming out right now from Stihl. It should be the MS363, but they are leaving it at 362. It is coming out with the new MS261 C-M. Both are lighter, snazzier, have a tad more power, and well, I am sure they will be many arguments here on AS about which is better, the 362 type I or the 362 type II. They are being made in Virgina Beach, right here in the USA. They should hit the shelves when the current stock of 261/362 saws runs out.

View attachment 472425
The new MS362 type II photo -lifted from der German Stihl web site. An E bar though? Really?

A waaaaaaay different looking saw.
Well I'm sure glad you mentioned this! I might just grab the $200 redmax for now. Then wait on the new 362 and 261. One of my buddies said he would buy the redmax from me if I got it.
Any idea what exactly they changed on these new saws?

Latest posts

Back