Which bar are you running on your new MS400c?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnsayen

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Looks like the Stihl promotional marketing show it with the ES light 20" bar - I have read on here that a standard E bar in 25" is nose heavy so I am looking at either:

20" ES light

or maybe looking into a Tsumura or Sugihari? I have not run either of those brands before but see they are pretty popular.

Thank you

From the ad the ES light bar is $50 more than the standard bar same length. If they'll sell it without the bar & chain I'd buy a Tsumura. Though right now I can't find a 20" Tsumura light for Stihl in .050".

The standard Stihl 25" bar makes a MS362CM nose heavy, so it would probably do the same with the 400.

From the ad the ES light bar is $50 more than the standard bar same length. If they'll sell it without the bar & chain I'd buy a Tsumura. Though right now I can't find a 20" Tsumura light for Stihl in .050".

The standard Stihl 25" bar makes a MS362CM nose heavy, so it would probably do the same with the 400.
Do you like the Tsumura better than the Stihl light, or are you saying that just because it's potentially a little less expensive? I'm interested to hear, thank you.

I love my tsmuras, and when I buy a new saw with a regular bar, that's the first thing I change.
I have never had trouble selling the stock ones I take off, typically unused, for very close to full retail price.

I love my tsmuras, and when I buy a new saw with a regular bar, that's the first thing I change.
I have never had trouble selling the stock ones I take off, typically unused, for very close to full retail price.
How do they compare in regards to wear with the Stihl bar?

Edit to Add: Also how to they compare to the stihl bar in strength?

How do they compare in regards to wear with the Stihl bar?

Edit to Add: Also how to they compare to the stihl bar in strength?

I've never warn a bar out. I did destroy two. The tsmuras wear just fine, but look better over the years. The wearing, chipping white paint of the Stihl bars looks like crap after a few years.

Looks like the Stihl promotional marketing show it with the ES light 20" bar - I have read on here that a standard E bar in 25" is nose heavy so I am looking at either:

20" ES light

or maybe looking into a Tsumura or Sugihari? I have not run either of those brands before but see they are pretty popular.

Thank you

Consider the Forester Platinum bar also. It is all I use on my ms461. I am still using the same bar for 4 years now. The Forester emblem has finally warn off, and last year I got some blueing on one small spot after ruining a chain cutting thru a deeply buried nail in a huge old pine, but is still working great.

Good Price too.

https://www.amazon.com/Forester-Pro...forester+platinum+stihl&qid=1620484977&sr=8-3

Back