Which blower do you have?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harwester

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I want to know which blowers are do you use? Can you suggest to me some perfect blowers? Thanks for your opinions.

Another vote for the Stihl BG86. Bought mine in 2015 and it’s been great. Had a cool Jonsered battery operated one that I got from Costco that was amazing but got rid of it because the battery wouldn’t operate on “high” for more than 2 minutes.

I have a Stihl BG50. It is great for my home owner use, might not be ideal for commercial. It has performance near many more expensive models. $140 at your Stihl dealer.

You want a backpack or handheld? I have a BG86 i rescued from a dumpster that I turn to unless I have a lot of work to do. Then I have an echo pb500 or 580 (can’t recall exact model) that works great walking all over the yard.

If your buying new, go with whatever echo or red max that’s on sale. If used, Stihl backpacks have been popping up a lot lately for decent prices.

I’ve got the BG86 because I used to have a really convenient Stihl dealer and like I said it’s been great. But, if it pooped out I’d definitely get an Echo… probably the 2620. That’sa really good engine.

Homeowner with 200 foot + of driveway sold the stihl gas blower and bought a Milwaukee M18 battery blower. Even the 8AH battery is plenty for driveway and sidewalk sweeping. Will never go back to gas. it's so darned convenient to have the blower in the heated basement, at the walk out door, grab n go. light, quiet, and easy to use.
Full disclosure I don't leaf blow large sections of my yard. Just drive and sidewalk areas.

I've got an Echo pb500 backpack blower and an 18 volt Milwaukee fuel handheld. If you're just blowing grass clippings and dry leaves off concrete and driveways then those little handheld ones are fine. But, if you are trying to move a lot of leaves off grass, especially if they are wet at all then you'll want a bigger backpack blower. And buy the most powerful one you can afford and carry - I've wished for more power at times but never less. And don't get caught up in nozzle velocity- it's the CFM's that move stuff.

As far as the "perfect" model to get, well, I'm kinda just waiting for my wife to give me the ok to upgrade the one I've got 😀. If and when she does I'll head straight to my Echo dealer and buy a pb 770 or the 880? Again, blowers are like chainsaws...There is no replacement for displacement.

Latest posts

Back