Which dealer will you buy from?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You got it. Thats where he came from. He loved his quote but he got a chill from the attitude there. I'm 929.95 glad he did. I'll take care of him much better than they will..

I know you will Tom, but that's a small compliment. I gotta say, 7-11 takes better care of customers than those folks! K-Mart does better! :dizzy:

:D

Hey, the clock on the wall says Tom is going to close up shop about now, and so am I! See ya!

On a purchase that big, $50 isn't going to sway me. I'd buy from the dealer I felt was a saw dealer, not a lawn dealer, and who kept a decent parts inventory. The dealer could easily "earn" the $50 from me by being a "saw guy" and engaging me in some kind of conversation to show he was interested in me as a customer.

I'm taking the warmest reception, the best credibility, and the best parts and service, regardless of which was the more expensive. With the discounts, it would appear that both regard me as a real potential customer.

Wow, Maybe we should buy our saws from you instead of our distributors. You do have a dealer cost price list, don't you? :dizzy:

Wow, Maybe we should buy our saws from you instead of our distributors. You do have a dealer cost price list, don't you? :dizzy:

Trust me I see it time and again on here North East Stihl seems to have the highest dealer cost for whole goods.

That guy made the right choice, but he's lucky he didn't have to choose between service and distance. I bought a saw today from a dealer who is very close, 10 min. away. The next dealer is 40 min. and a really good one is over an hour. Nobody sold me anything, I walked in and said what I wished to buy. I regretted it as soon as money changed hands. I hope I never have to go back and would make the drive if I had to do it again.

Jack

If your talking to me yup I got a dealer cost price list. Thats how I know these saws being sold at such prices show me some places aren't too concerned with making any money, just get em in, get em out the door. Turn over is great if you got something else to rely on as your money maker..

Id buy from an internet sales web page .......:clap::clap:

Whats that squeeking noise I hear out in the parking lot, I don't know boss, let me go look, oh its only Ultra walking in. Awwwwwwwwwwww ok I shoulda known,:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Id buy from an internet sales web page .......:clap::clap:

Whats that squeeking noise I hear out in the parking lot, I don't know boss, let me go look, oh its only Ultra walking in. Awwwwwwwwwwww ok I shoulda known,:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Haha Thats funny stuff there! :laugh:
Oh and Im way too cheap to buy new so I wont even tell you my opinion.

You got it. Thats where he came from. He loved his quote but he got a chill from the attitude there. I'm 929.95 glad he did. I'll take care of him much better than they will..
Tommy, its too bad you are so far way, or I would be poorer, and you would be richer.

It is worth it to me to pay for information and expertise when needed. I keep shopping for it in my area. I've bought from all the major dealers. I still haven't met an expert so that makes it easier to just shop price.

Here's another goodie that happened today. I get called from upfront that there is two ladies wanting to talk Stihl at the rack. I go how old are they, the guy goes one is in her 40's, the other is in her 50's, I go PERFECT, I'll be right up.

I meet them at the store display and sure enough one is in her 40's, the other in her 50's. The lady had done her homework online. She wants to see a MS211 and a MS250 CBE, the easy start version. I show her both models and start asking questions about what these saws will be used for. She was very detailed. She said not real big wood, 16 inches the way she described but bigger trees sometimes. I go is your husband a tool buff, the type that only wants the best. She goes no, I am. I go okkkk. I point out the pro saws explaining if there is a lot of sawing to be done they would be the better choice adding but if only sawing now and then there's really no need for pro saws unless your the type that wants the best. She goes well he'll only be sawing now and then for trees that have fallen in the woods, no take downs, just clean up. I go ok, no need for a pro saw doing that little bit of sawing. I go you now you say some of these trees are large at times, those may be abit much for the 211 and far as the 250 CBE goes you can buy a larger MS290 cheaper. She goes ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I go oh yes. She see's the 290 is 20.00 cheaper. She likes that.

Bout that moment a ole buddy of mine walks up and goes any Stihl on sale. I go not really. I go how you like your 290 you bought not long ago. He goes I love it. I go see there ladies, a happy 290 owner. Then my low life buddy nails me. He goes I bought three Stihls from you so you need to cut me some slack on the next one. I go ok, which one you after. He goes I haven't decided yet. I go well let me know when your ready and we'll work up a price. He walks away.

Now the lady is looking at me and saying so the more you buy the better price you get? I go depends, you want to buy something other than the saw. She goes well we will be needing a new trimmer for spring. I go ok, buy it along with the chainsaw and I'll cut you some slack on the prices. Her husband will now have a new saw and trimmer under his Christmas tree.

When my buddy comes back for his 4th Stihl I will personally make him pay for those discounts I had to give those ladies, that low life, grrrrr,LOLOLOL

Did you give him the location to the shed? Or an hour whit joat, oops I mean the goat.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/U8DFwb3zlDk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/U8DFwb3zlDk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Did you give him the location to the shed? Or an hour whit joat, oops I mean the goat.

Joat has been called. He is to do the hit on the man AFTER I sell him his 4th Stihl, not before. I hope Joat wrote that down,hahaha

Joat has been called. He is to do the hit on the man AFTER I sell him his 4th Stihl, not before. I hope Joat wrote that down,hahaha

I was talking about the first post. Finally read the last few pages after posting.

You see, Tommy, I had a great Stihl dealer right in town here, but they just went out of business. I didn't get a chance to buy a saw from them, but their original parts guy was killer. Of course, he perked up when I told him I needed parts for an 066, then started telling me about picking up an 880 once, and said "no excrement" when I told him I understood because I had a 3120. Okay, he really didn't say "no excrement", but I can type that and it will post. Really tried to win me over, selling me some chain with a bit of a discount, and took a bit off my first parts purchase. I felt "warm and fuzzy", he was a saw guy who had to sell lawn stuff.

Latest posts

Back