Which Husky should i go for

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Squid327WFD3

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I am Looking to get me a new Fire Wood saw with a 16" Bar.
I broke well actually Squashed my old Husky 40 yesterday cleaning some evergreens when i droped the tree on it tore the saw up pretty good. I was talking to a local dealer today and was looking at 3 models of saws 340,345,and 350.
I was told they average
Husky 350 for $250-$270
Husky 345 for $220-$240
Husky 340 For $199-$239

He kept trying to sell me a 142 package special they were running for
$ 229.00 but it only had a 14" bar. The package is the 142 14"bar and chain scrench bar cover 2 files guide and a handle.

Which saw in anyones honest opinion should i buy ?
I am not a Professional and don't need a heavy duty saw i just do some small clearing and firewood work on the weekends and days off.

Also if the prices are high that i was quoted please recomend a Husky dealer to buy from.

Thanks
Dan

This firewood saw thing has been belted around here pretty good lately...

Of the 3 saws you first mention I would opt for the 350. The 340 is ok, I own one, but a few bucks more gets you a decom valve, a little more power and one of the smoothest running saws out there (350)

My other opinion is if you are getting into any type of actual work that involves constant use of a saw get the 353 if you are going to stay with Husky. Of course there are way more powerful saws and they cost a lot more.

I was trying to keep you in or near the price range you started with. I am sure some will follow with the old "buy the 372 or 440 " but based on your post, that may not be what you need.

Where in CT are you? I know of a very good Husky dealer I have bought a good deal of things from.

Last edited:
If you need a good Husky dealer these is one in Northford.
Let me know if you need more details.

For the small difference in price, going for the 350 is a no brainer, IMO. It has the most power, a decompression valve, adjustable oiler, and a metal front handle instead of a plastic one. You will be amazed at how fast and smooth this saw cuts with the factory narrow kerf chain it comes with. Get one, you wont be sorry.

Another vote for the 350. Same weight (.2 lbs) as the 340 with a little more power. Unless your on a real tight budget spend the extra money. Its worth it. Based on your description it will be all you need.

Another vote for the 350, I agree with Max and Brent.
Forget the 142, 1xx-series Huskys are made by Poulan these days.....

Squid327WFD3 said:
I broke well actually Squashed my old Husky 40 yesterday cleaning some evergreens when i droped the tree on it tore the saw up pretty good. I was talking to a local dealer today and was looking at 3 models of saws 340,345,and 350.
I was told they average
Husky 350 for $250-$270
Husky 345 for $220-$240
Husky 340 For $199-$239

$ 229.00 but it only had a 14" bar. The package is the 142 14"bar and chain scrench bar cover 2 files guide and a handle.

I am not a Professional and don't need a heavy duty saw i just do some small clearing and firewood work on the weekends and days off.

Also if the prices are high that i was quoted please recomend a Husky dealer to buy from.

Thanks
Dan[/QUOT

Ok let me think.

Squid327WFD3 said:
I was told they average
Husky 350 for $250-$270
Husky 345 for $220-$240
Husky 340 For $199-$239

Thanks
Dan
Buy a Stihl MS270. The Husq 136 and 142 are actually made by Poulan! terrible.

I don't like Stihl products I use to swear by Stihl's Concrete Cutoff saws untill i went through 3 of them one year bought a Husky Cutoff ive had it for 4 years now never had any problems.

Latest posts

Back